How long should we wait?

gcvk100

Its not new that people filed after us in same category get approval, good for them. But how about people waiting who filed before them and me?

It is pathetic, there is no order in approval, I tried few approaches (such as Senator, Infopass appointment, service requests) to check my status, besides the online status always saying "still under processing", none helped.

(08/2007) Senator : have got response from FBI, it is under name check, I belive around April 2008, FBI Name check cases will be cleared soon based on backlogs within a year or two. But is my case still under name check?

Had 2 info pass appointment at local service office, said it is still under processing time.

Submitted 3 service requests, person on call, takes 485 receipt date and says its more than 1000 days from processing time, but the reply letter to service request says "still under processing time"

whats going on?

I can live with I-485 pending for ever, BUT it is real pain to renew Advance Parole (2 nos. for my wife too) (every 9 months, due to issuing date) for double the amount of before. and the EAD document for every 9 - 10 months.

I'm sure everyone waiting must be going thru same or more pain.

EB3
PD - 12/2002
I485 Receipt - 7/2003
I140 Approval - 3/2004
had 4 FP's already
still waiting for I485 approval

Five years wait is unreasonable by any measure. Your chances of getting your AOS decided are bright if you file a lawsuit called Writ of Mandamus (WOM) to compel USCIS to act on your case. If your PD is current, go for WOM. You can read about it here and see this thread where members are actively pursuing WOMs to get their long delayed AOS cases adjudicated.

Last edited by a moderator:
You said you're EB3, but there are different categories for EB3 depending on where you come from. India, China, ROW.
And all have different dates.
I do not see where you're from, unless I totally missed that.