How long should I wait before talking to an IIO in INS for checking FP status?

Carl

Registered Users (C)
My FP was done on May 18. Talked to FBI, was told to call INS for the FP status. Does anyone know how long one should wait before calling the INS?

No Title

Carl,

If yoy FP already been forward to INS and do not get any notice in 3 weeks. It means you are O.K for you FP.

May I have one suggestion here. Please do not call INS IIO for this kind question. I know it is your right to call anyone you want to call. BUT could you Save the IIo time for someone really need it.

No Title

Thank you for your information. I posted on this board first is for the hope to get some information here first and then decide when or whether to call the INS. Everyone\'s situation is different. To you, this question may not be a big issue, but to other people, it could be very critical for their status and family. People can judge and decide what they should do based on their own situation. It\'s not your right to tell people not to call just because it might affect your interest. I agree with what you had said that it\'s everyone\'s right to call for their status. Please do not prejudge whose question is important, and whose is not when you do not know the individual\'s situation.

No Title

Carl,

Thank for your understand. I agree that I should not judge people case and I do not have right to command people to do anything.
So I use "May I have one suggestion here". (I know I will get some kind dis_agree here).

FYI: I have been in US for 11.5 years and still not get my GC. It is a long way to go. My I-485 RD:12/28/2000 ND:1-9-2001 FP:3-23-2001 waiting for approval.
By the way, I still not call any IIO yet !

No Title

I had my fingerprints done on the same day, and I\'m not going to call INS just to hear that everything it\'s OK (if it\'s not, they\'ll notify me)
It\'s not about whose case is important, whose isn\'t -- it\'s about being impatient. When I was in the I-140 stage, I\'d check the status almost everyday. It was kind of childish. I don\'t do this any more. Thanks to this board I can tell that at this time they process RD June 00 cases, my RD is Oct 2, 2000, so I\'m gonna wait till October, unless the processing time changes.
One can worry that some problem with FP could delay the process, but I don\'t think it\'s true, there\'s plenty of time to to FP, re-do if needed, before they take one\'s case off the shelf.

No Title

Carl, Nobody is saying your case is not important. what columbus and rest of us are saying that . IT WOULD NOT Be Helpfull to call an IIO. Since experience of others have shown that IIOs do not TELL YOU ANYTHING NEW. and if you want to gage where you are in the proccess. Check the immitrack. http://www.immitracker.com/nsc/
If you have a very special case. and need specific instruction from an Official. Then that is certainly a different case...you be the judge..
http://www.immigrationportal.com/WebX?50@@.ef211df/2

No Title

PD theory ?? FP Theory ??

PD - Nov 98 2000
RD - Apr 10 2000
ND - Mar 27 2000
FP - Jan 9 2001
Approval - ????

Is there anyone who got their approval with these dates or beyond these dates ?

Everyday I see people coming and feeling little better when the days drop on AVM. I hope mine should be some where close or may not be. As it is predictable sometimes and unpredictable other times.

Is it the FP theory or the PD theory I should take into consideration before I breath easily ?

Nirvana

No Title

irn, you seems very nice person for giving explanation to carl, i hope he/she understands and the discussion would stop here.

No Title

Wasn\'t my second post clear enough to you guys? Wasn\'t it clear to you why I had posted the question on this board first and why I said each individual had a different situation ( People may call the INS about the same thing for different reasons). For Radek: people who have gone this far are very patient as you can see from Columbus\' case. Just because you\'ve gone through the childish period, it doesn\'t mean all other people are going through the same thing. For im, your last sentence could have been a better message and enough without those other words in front to it. Still, please do not prejudge other people when you don\'t know their cases for your future posts.