How long Should I wait before I take action?

rajman 2

Registered Users (C)
This forum has been very helpful. I sent in my I-485 and I-130 on January 6, 2007. Did my biometrics on Jan 19, 2007. Did the interview on February 14, 2007. I-130 approved on 2/15/2007 and I-485 is pending Name check.

The process was very fast, however, I don't want to fall victim to the name check problem.

My question is; when should I start taking action with things like writing letters, info pass, calling the 800 number, and threat to sue? especially that, there is a new law in the horizon, if passed will make my GC conditional for 6 years.

Please let me know what you think..

Rajman 2

Well given that you only sent in your application just over 3 months ago, I don't think you're going to get very far complaining to USCIS about them being slow right now. In fact I'm having a hard time believing that you went from mailing the application to having the interview in 6 weeks - that's frankly amazing.

Give it a couple of months I'd say, and if you don't get any update make an Infopass to ask about the status. However if you are stuck in namecheck hell, there is little you can really do but wait.

At least...

..you people did the interviews. My name check was cleared since last October, and I applied in mid July. They transfered me case in CSC and back to MSC and now I have 2 months waiting for the interview notice. It suck big time. I think my file did fall behind the computer desk and it is forgotten. I'm waiting until next monday to start pulling teeth. They are procesing September 13 now (2 months after my PD). Anyone has any idea?
Thanks.:mad: