How long it takes to receive the RFE from the date it is issued?

gc_485_atl

Registered Users (C)
Hi
A RFE has been isssued on my 485 on July 15th. I got an email alert and online status was updated to show that a RFE was issued.
However, its more than 1 and 1/2 week now and my attorney's office is yet to receive the RFE (the mail detailing what they need).
Usually how long it takes to receive the RFE from the date it issued (based on the online status)? I am worried and want to find what the RFE is about and respond quickly.
Thanks for your response in advance.

- A
1-140 AD 09/02 (Labor Substitution)
I-485 RD/ND 09/02
FP 10/03
RFE Issued date 07/15/2004

In my case RFE was issued on July 2nd and lawyer recieved in about 7 days time 'cause od July 4th long weekend ur lawyer should hopefully get it this week :)

Officer also called

I do not know if you get a courtesy copy, I have not received anything yet. My wife's 485 didn't show any RFE. Only my 485 (I am the primary applicant shows to have the RFE). Is that normal?

A lit bit of history:
On 15th July, the officer handling my case had called my attorney office and he mentioned he needs an Employment Verification Letter. And if my attroney can fax one to him then he does not have to go through regular official RFE rout, which is a slow process. He was supposed to fax with what exactly he needs + a fax back #. But he never called or fax anything to my attorney and instead issued a regular RFE (I saw online status changed to RFE that night).
Curiously I also saw 2 missed calls from 214 area code (where TSC) is located in my cell phone (which I had left in my car). The call must be from the officer as I dont know anybody from that area code + the timing was 20 mins after he talked to my attroney's office. Why was he calling me?
Has any one has any experience officer calling you or attroney on your case?

Hi
The applicant doesnot get courtesy copy for RFE in my case officer called my office on July 6th asking if I was still practising medicine at the offivce mentioned in the petition

gc_485_atl said:
I do not know if you get a courtesy copy,

I dont think so

Has any one has any experience officer calling you or attroney on your case?

If you search the forum you will find a case where some one was called before

Last edited by a moderator: