How long it takes to process I-140 ?

sarathynp

Registered Users (C)
Hello Gurus,
I just got my LC approval and will be filing I-140 next week. My case is EB2-RIR PD: May 2003. CA
Do you guys give me an idea - how many days/months/years it takes to process in nomal situation. The only advantage of this approval for me now is to get 3 years H1 extension.
Or point to me the status page of the processing centers.
Thanks in advance.

six to seven month...

sarathynp said:
Hello Gurus,
I just got my LC approval and will be filing I-140 next week. My case is EB2-RIR PD: May 2003. CA
Do you guys give me an idea - how many days/months/years it takes to process in nomal situation. The only advantage of this approval for me now is to get 3 years H1 extension.
Or point to me the status page of the processing centers.
Thanks in advance.

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp;jsessionid=cb-ZXB-mqF34

Select your service center, I guess Nebraska-SV is for California for I-140.
Currently its processing I-140 for Feb-06

PP

I just submitted my I-140 application by premium processing(an additional $1000) on 29th, my case will be replied with in the next 15 days..(calendar days)
lets see.. :)

documents required for I-140

Hi ALL,
I just got approved my labor cerfitification.
I am planning to file I-140.Can any one suggest..what are the
documents required to file..and how many days it took for
approval...
LC pd dt:sept,2004
I guess for proceesing time we need to check for Vermount center,is it correct...pls help me..

Can EB2 RIR be processed in premium?

Hello GC-geek,

My LC got approved and company is applying for 140. My case has been filed under EB2. So wondering, that EB2 RIR cases can be processed under premium process?

Thanks,

LC Approved-going for I-140

I am in the same boat. Got my LC approved this month so going for I-140. EB3/RIR/CA. What does INS look for when they assess an I-140 application? It looks like the major thing they check is the ability of the company to pay the prevailing wages to the employee. What else is there?
Lawyer said that its taking between 4-6 mths. to get the I-140 approval (no premium processing).
Since everyone is only filing I-140 and not I-485 so I gather that due to quota being run out, we cannot file concurrent applications. Right?

Thanks
factfinder

I-140

Gurus,

I received my Labor yesterday and was talking to my lawyer about filing I-140 and she said that the dates are not available. What does this mean? When are the dates going to be available? And how long does it take to get I-140 approved?

Asmaan Se Tapke Khajur me Atke!!

Thanks

No dates required for I-140.

The is no date constraint for I-140. In a nutsheel you lawyer is crap.
Khajur pe tree pe use latka do.

prirority dates are required for I-485 thta comes after I-140.

i am also in the same boat...cleared my laabor,going to apply I-140 next week.There was a rumor that they going to reconsider..the concurrent filing for 1-140 and 485 eventhoug it is retrogression...is it true?

rumor is only rumor. no point in spreading it. but if it gives you some hope in this hopelessness then no harm... :D

hederabadi said:
i am also in the same boat...cleared my laabor,going to apply I-140 next week.There was a rumor that they going to reconsider..the concurrent filing for 1-140 and 485 eventhoug it is retrogression...is it true?

Last edited by a moderator:
GC_Geek said:
I just submitted my I-140 application by premium processing(an additional $1000) on 29th, my case will be replied with in the next 15 days..(calendar days)
lets see.. :)
So have you had your I-140 processed yet? I am interested to know if the expedited processing really works.

Premium processing works. However, the question is do we need to? Because, my case was approved in 2 weeks (non-concurrent). See details below:

I live in California. My I-140 (Labor based) was mailed to Nebraska and the receipt date is August 22, 2006. The approval notice dated September 5, 2006 and it came from Texas Service Center. I also have a I-140 approved (in March 2005) based on NIW and based on that I had filed 485 in March 2005. I plan to substitute this labor based I-140 for my pending 485.

BTW, any idea to efficiently link the new I-140 with my pending 485?

thanks
Ela

joe90 said:
So have you had your I-140 processed yet? I am interested to know if the expedited processing really works.

Premium processing works. However, the question is do we need to? Because, my case was approved in 2 weeks (non-concurrent).

thanks
Ela

joe90 said:

Last edited by a moderator:
ela6 said:
Premium processing works. However, the question is do we need to? Because, my case was approved in 2 weeks (non-concurrent).

thanks
Ela

exactly, premium I-140 looks like a misdirected effort. I don't think they'll even make much money from this unless they deliberately slow down regular I-140 processing.

In any case, I-140 average processing time is about 78 days only (source: http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/i140-graph/), so what's the big advantage of premium processing for I-140?

Premium processing (i.e. PERM) helps labor applicants more because of the huge difference in processing times between regular and PERM processing.