How long is the wait to recieve N445 after interview DO Philadelphia

csekar

Registered Users (C)
Its been eight weeks since my interview, my N652 says than congratulations recommend for approval and passed English/civics test. when do i expect the N-445. Already once I took infopass on Dec 9th 2009 and they said to wait for court schedule.Till this date no Oath letter received . If any suggestion please.

Its been eight weeks since my interview, my N652 says than congratulations recommend for approval and passed English/civics test. when do i expect the N-445. Already once I took infopass on Dec 9th 2009 and they said to wait for court schedule.Till this date no Oath letter received . If any suggestion please.

Typically 2-3 weeks. Could be that there is no oath ceremony in January?

Thank you very much. Is there anyway to check Philadelphia DO Oath ceremony schedule.

I don't think so. I heard they don't have a year-long schedule but just when they have enough many oath takers then they start to schedule
a particular one for these people. In some cities, oath creremony take place at some public theater so that theatre schedule can be checked out.
But in Philadelphia, the oath ceremony take place in the same USCIS building you do interview so its internal room schedule is not open to the public.

In your case, 8 weeks is little bit more than normal, you should be on watch and regular make infopass or call 1-800-375 5283\in casse oath letter is
sent but lost in mail. The trouble is that infopass means you have to make a trip to 1600 Callow something streeet. You can call 1-800-375-5283
just tell the custober setvice your case has been out of normal timeline and request to transfer to level 2 IOs

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think so. I heard they don't have a year-long schedule but just when they have enough many oath takers then they start to schedule
a particular one for these people. In some cities, oath creremony take place at some public theater so that theatre schedule can be checked out.
But in Philadelphia, the oath ceremony take place in the same USCIS building you do interview so its internal room schedule is not open to the public.

In your case, 8 weeks is little bit more than normal, you should be on watch and regular make infopass or call 1-800-375 5283\in casse oath letter is
sent but lost in mail. The trouble is that infopass means you have to make a trip to 1600 Callow something streeet. You can call 1-800-375-5283
just tell the custober setvice your case has been out of normal timeline and request to transfer to level 2 IOs

Today, I call USCIS customer service and requested to talk with lev2 IO's. After verify my name, address, Alien number & date of interview, he said that my case was approved on November 23rd 2009. No date was assigned for oath ceremony. He asked me to wait. After allocated oath ceremony schedule, they will send letter. I asked is there any way to contact Philadelphia office over phone. He said no.Also said, I have to wait for another 60 days.
From this discussion today, I understood, I have to wait to get the oath ceremony letter. No other way.

My case is oath ceremony with name change. Could you please tell me, In Philadelphia USCIS office, are they do oath ceremony for name change also. Normally courthouse will do oath ceremony for name change.

Thank you very much for your guide and support.

N400 Application details - 5 year’s GC completed
DO : Philadelphia, PA
08/03/2009 - App Sent to Lewisville, Texas
08/05/2009 - NOA received
08/07/2009 – Checks cashed
08/17/2009 - FP notice received
09/03/2009 - FP Done in Philadelphia PA
09/19/2009 - IL for 11/23
11/23/2009 - Interview Philadelphia PA- Approved
xx/xx/2010 - Oath ceremony invitation received
xx/xx/2010 - Oath Ceremony at ????????
xx/xx/2010 - Passport and Passport card applied
xx/xx/2010 - Passport Received
xx/xx/2010 - Got back Naturalization certificate
xx/xx/2010 - Passport Card Received

Last edited by a moderator:
Today, I call USCIS customer service and requested to talk with lev2 IO's. After verify my name, address, Alien number & date of interview, he said that my case was approved on November 23rd 2009. No date was assigned for oath ceremony.

Congratilations. At least you know tyou are approved. But I still can not understand why they have not already scheduled you an oath ceremoney
when ceremony at Philadelphia office apparently take place in every month.

Congratilations. At least you know tyou are approved. But I still can not understand why they have not already scheduled you an oath ceremoney

My case is oath ceremony with name change. Could you please tell me, In Philadelphia USCIS office, are they do oath ceremony for name change also. Normally courthouse will do oath ceremony for name change.
I think, Delay because of Philadelphia DO will not have facility for oath ceremony for name change.

Hi WBH

I sent e-mail to Allentown , PA congressman with complete details.
Replied received from Congressman office. He said that, he look in to this as early as possible.

Thanks