how long is normal to receive plastic card

jendefur

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My husband's passport was stamped at a successful interview on 1/8/03. The interviewer's computer was giving her trouble so she had to manually fill out a one page form saying he's approved. She said it'd be entered in computer when she could get her system back up. I am sure that is nothing, but wanted to mention it.

We still haven't received any notices or the physical card from the INS. We just moved, although we filed the change of address with INS and I verified the letter was delivered by the tracking number. I also filed a "change of address" with the post office well before we moved. I-130 was filed with CSC and 485 was filed with LA downtown office.

When I check ins.com tracking and enter the WAC, it claims:

On March 25, 2002, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 815 and 825 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

This is a very outdated message.

How can I check if the card has been ordered? Calling NSC is tough and I don't know where else to check because I don't know if LA downtown has an automated system for checking. Anyone have any advice? Should I be concerned the card or any other communication from them hasn't been received yet?

Thanks so much!

btw, interview was so easy. We brought 2 big bags of very organized info. I asked her what she needed and that I even brought the "kitchen sink" ;) She asked for our bank statements, we brought folders containing the last 3 years for 4 differnt accounts and asked "which month and from which account". she almost passed out seeing the amount of info we had. I guess she was too overwhelmed and only took a copy of one bank statement (imp. cross out your acct number just to be safe) and a copy of my driver's license. Nothing else was needed!!! We ended up talking about Las Vegas most of the time. My advice is to bring as much stuff as possible, and make copies of everything they might want to keep.

HI

There is nothing normal with INS.
For some card has taken 2 weeks, and for others more than a year.

My guess would be that 6 months would be an average.

I could be wrong.

soin

My personal experience -- myself and daughter got card within 3 months of stamping, but my wife has not got after even 9 months

s