how long I can travel?

windseeker

Registered Users (C)
I have never been back to my country since I came to this country in 1999. I am so excited to go this Christmas. Now I have two questions:
1. When I applied for the AP, I claimed I will travel for weeks, but if I would like to stay there for 30 days, will this be a problem?

2. What kind of paperwork I need to bring besides AP? How many APs I need to take with me? Is there any risk for me to travel?

I really appreciate your kind help and information. Thanks in advance.

You should not have any problems in travelling for 30 days on AP (assuming AP is valid for reentry). I travelled in April for 3 weeks and am going again in November.

Take copies of all notices received from USCIS regarding your GC; especially I-485 receipt notices. Take all (3 copies) APs , as you may have to submit a copy at Bombay airport while coming back. When renetering US at P.O.E., you will be taken to a separate room for processing (don't panic).

Enjoy your trip back home.

windseeker said:
I have never been back to my country since I came to this country in 1999. I am so excited to go this Christmas. Now I have two questions:
1. When I applied for the AP, I claimed I will travel for weeks, but if I would like to stay there for 30 days, will this be a problem?

There is no time frame whatsoever. As long as you come back to US before your AP expires you are in a good shape.

windseeker said:
2. What kind of paperwork I need to bring besides AP? How many APs I need to take with me? Is there any risk for me to travel?
I really appreciate your kind help and information. Thanks in advance.

Even it is not required, you may want to carry a copy of your I-485 receipt notice, EAD card and employement confirmation letter from your employer.