HOw Long for RFE it Takes

My485Pending

Registered Users (C)
I have Received my RFE on June and replied on August
INS received it on August 29th, How long should i wait for the Approval or anyother notice from INS any experiences.

my RFE was ,

last 3 years W2, Emp Letter, Company Tax and Financial Docs, and all Paychecks since i filed my 485.

All paychecks since you filed 485?! That is a steep request! Beginning of August I got an RFE for last 2 years of W2s and tax returns and last 3 paystubs. AVM says RFE response was received on August 30. Waiting...

You guys should get it anytime. But I thought America was pausing for a moment on Sept 11. Little did I know that the INS interprets that as a fortnight. Not much approvals after Sept 1st !!!!

Does the AVM change to acknowledge the receipt of RFE response?

I replied to my RFE on 9/5 and received by INS on 9/6(based on USPS delivery confirmation).

If so, how long does it take to update the AVM?

My RFE was also for 3 yrs W2 and Employment letter. I just added 3 paystubs as a bonus to INS.

RFE Replied on 8/12

Hello,

I got RFE on 08/07 for W2 and tax forms for 2001 and most recent paystubs. I replied on 08/12. AVM changed on 08/14 saying that the documents are received and it takes 160 days. Got approved on 08/27. I guess roughly it takes 2 to 4 weeks for RFE's.

Kishore

Is there anything particular about your case which made INS ask for all the paystubs.
Originally posted by My485Pending
I have Received my RFE on June and replied on August
INS received it on August 29th, How long should i wait for the Approval or anyother notice from INS any experiences.

my RFE was ,

last 3 years W2, Emp Letter, Company Tax and Financial Docs, and all Paychecks since i filed my 485.

Re: Re: HOw Long for RFE it Takes

Originally posted by dee007
Is there anything particular about your case which made INS ask for all the paystubs.

No It is Random i guess , however i did not have all the paychecks.

i was laid off and joined another company and sent 2 months paychecks to INS , my lawyer said that should be OK... i hope so..

Any One with RFE replied in August

Anyone with the RFE replied in August Ending got approved.

i just wanted to keep track of it, I have replied to RFE on August 22nd and received by INS on August 29th, waiting for Approval...

anyone in the same boat.. got approved.??

RFE case approved

Yup! My case:

AVM changed to RFE on 08/01/2002
Lawyers rcvd RFE docs on 08/06/2002
Replied to RFE by post on 08/20/2002
AVM updated to docs rcvd on 08/23/2002
Approved on 09/10/2002 (a little over two weeks from docs rcvd)

Yours will come soon. Don't worry.

Did you send paystubs of new employer

or old employer?

Did you file AC-21?

If so, is your current salary the same as your previous job?

Re: Did you send paystubs of new employer

Originally posted by arun mehta02
or old employer?

Did you file AC-21?

If so, is your current salary the same as your previous job?

Yes i have Filed under AC-21 Law and my salaray and JOB title is Same .

RFE wpproval 2 wks to 2 months

This is my estimation, which was based on some preliminary analysis of the data available from this board.

For my own case,
WAC-01-266
ND, 8/27/2001
Case assigned, 6/1/2001
RFE issued, 7/17 (wife's medical)
RFE replied, 8/2
AVM updated, 8/12 (RFE received)
AD, 9/12.
From RFE sent to case approved is 6 weeks.

Good luck,
Carribean