How long for I-140, I-485 after FP's completed

SlickOne

In mid Sept my wife and I completed our FP's. How long after this does the I-140 and I-485 application typically take? Our EAD's are expiring in March 04 and we would hate to spend the money on a I-765 renewal if we don't need to.

Perhaps you could give more information on your case statuses so that some one could give you some answers?

Our 140 and 485 applications were received on Feb. 13/04. FPs taken on Sept. 18/04. On Sept 24/04 our 485 case showed the following comments online "On Septempber 24, 2004, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued." Our lawyer said this was confirmation of receipt of our FPs at the appropriate agency and that this message did not pertain to us.

Our current EAD's expire Mar 18/05. We were told to fill an EAD renewal about 4 months prior to their expiry so I mailed these off Nov. 28/04.

Most of the cases, now a days, are getting approved in 1.5 to 2 years but still I hear of some cases which took even four years. :confused: