how long for fingerprints appointment?

anita77

Hello
I sent my citizenship application form today. How long does it take to get the appointmet for figerprints? and le'ts say: I've heard is 5 weeks. Is the appointment usually scheduled for the week you receive the letter? please help!
i have to travel and want to make sure.
thanks!!

Find the "Timeline" thread for the district office where you live and read people's timelines.

Oh, and get used to waiting and having to worry about missing a notice while you are traveling.

I am in Los Angeles, how can I find the timelines?

Thanks for answering! I am in LA, are the timelines different in every state? how can I find the timelines of mine?

Hi Anita77!

Please see my link about the LA tracker statistics. I used only those applications filed from Jan 2006 through present. I did not consider the rest.

In general,

1) you get your FP notice within 1 to 1.5 months after your check is cashed.
2) you get your FP appointment anywhere from 15days to 1 month after you receive the FP notice.

I hope this helps!

And yes...of course each District Office will be different. Just think, LA has a huge population! It is one of the most heavily populated cities in the US. Also CA has THE largest population of any state, a large portion of which is comprise of people like us submitting and trying to beat the fee hike.