How long does the process take?

ellis4799

Registered Users (C)
:confused:
I would like to know how long does it take to get a EAD?

I am married to a USC since 11/26/2003, I overstayed my I-94 on 01/24/2002

This is my timeline

Sent to Chicago lockbox, I-130 - I-485 and I-765 on 02/17/2006.

Recieve letter on 02/27/2006 with the reciept date of 02/20/2006

Recieve a letter for biometric on 04/20/2006 with the date for 05/13/2006

The I-485 and I-765 where then updated after the biometrics where taken.

Last update on my case was for all the forms ( I-130 - I 485 and I 765 ) was on 06/22/2006

My question is how long do I have to wait to get my EAD? or do I have to wait untill they approve to rest of my applications. I would also like to if it is taking so long because I live in Orlando, Florida

I have called to callcenter and they took a note and give me confirmation number. And told me to call back after 07/23/2006

Try to make a appointment with the infopass for Orlando but they do not have any dates. Can I go to another office?

Thank you very much

You probably want to keep trying until you get an appointment at your local DO and try to get an iEAD (interim EAD) since it has been more than 90 days since your receipt date. If you ask me, I think you should have gotten your EAD by now, but you never know with USCIS. No, you don't need to have your AOS approved before getting an EAD. Try to get an iEAD if you want to work sooner.

Unfortunately, you cannot change your DO. If your DO is Orlando, you can't go somewhere with a shorter line. For example, I live in a county which makes my DO Cherry Hill, NJ instead of Newark, NJ. The processing timeline for Newark is approximately 4-5 months for GC interview from time of application. At Cherry Hill, though, my GC interview is over 8 months from time of application!! No choice in such matters.