How long does it take?

Yafoulli

Registered Users (C)
I sent my N-400 applicaton "package" to CSC through the post office by priority mail , 1 week later I received the part from (postal office) stamped by USCIS that that it was received by them, yet nothing official showing my application was received & my application even started . At that point I don't have any official proof I even filled? I sent a postal money order, is there a way to track if and when it is/was cashed?

Is it still OK ? On you timelines I see that it usualy takes just a few days...

At the time I applied for my GC I was living in the same state but a different area. Could that delay my application?

How can I know what is going on a that stage ?

thanks

You don't show a timeline, so we can't tell how long things have taken for you. In my case, it took a week to get the little green postal receipt back in the mail. I think it was another week or two before I got the USCIS notice. The "Priority Date" on the notice was only a couple of days after the date stamped on the receipt.

The USCIS is slow. Get used to it. You will be waiting a lot and getting nervous a lot over the next few months to few years. It can be an excruciatingly slow process (or, it can whiz by in 3 or 4 months). You pretty much have absolutely no control over what happens now.

Sit back and enjoy the wait.

I sent mine on June 6th with US mail, today I checked my bank account and my check sent to uscis got cashed on June 12th. So I see they moved fast to cash the check. Lets see how long will it takes to get recepit.

Service centers are experiencing "frontlog", so it is not unusual to take a bit longer to receive a notice. I would say that up to four weeks is pretty fair game.