How Long does it take to receive a Receipt Number?

hopeful4GC

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My 1-140 application was submitted to Nebraska service center on Aug 17th 2006. My lawyer says he has not received the receipt number yet. Do any of you guys/gals know how long does it take to receive a receipt number from NSC? My application was submitted under traditional processing. Thanks in advance.

hopeful4GC said:
Hi,

My 1-140 application was submitted to Nebraska service center on Aug 17th 2006. My lawyer says he has not received the receipt number yet. Do any of you guys/gals know how long does it take to receive a receipt number from NSC? My application was submitted under traditional processing. Thanks in advance.

anywhere between 3 days to 4-5 weeks

airman said:
I filed May, 6 and still have no receipt number.
May be either you lawyer did not file or it got lost somewhere or your lawyer goet the receipt but didn't tell you. Better to do somthing, like initiate inquiry to INS.

I140 Approved

I was trying to get the Receipt number from my lawyer. Surprisingly he said my I140 was approved. It was routed from Nebraska service center to Texas Service Number. It took about 2 1/2 weeks to get the approval. Now the Long wait starts for filing I-485............

hopeful4GC said:
I was trying to get the Receipt number from my lawyer. Surprisingly he said my I140 was approved. It was routed from Nebraska service center to Texas Service Number. It took about 2 1/2 weeks to get the approval. Now the Long wait starts for filing I-485............

Wow!!!
that was fast!
My lawyer sent my I-140 application out on 9/15. Waiting for Receipt notice(Or who knows, may be even approval ;)

hopeful4GC said:

did you get any email message from USCIS about the approval? you should have got one provided you registered your case no. in USCIS website (online status).

Me too!!. I was waiting for the receipt number, so that I could at least check the status. But surprisingly he gave me the approval news and the receipt number at the same time. I came to know about the approval after 2 weeks from the time of approval. Keep bugging your lawyer. All the best.

Bomber said:
Wow!!!
that was fast!
My lawyer sent my I-140 application out on 9/15. Waiting for Receipt notice(Or who knows, may be even approval ;)

Mine Too....

My I-140 mailed on 9/19 and waiting for receipt number.

Wow!!!
that was fast!
My lawyer sent my I-140 application out on 9/15. Waiting for Receipt notice(Or who knows, may be even approval ;)[/QUOTE]

Received I-140 receipt number

My attorney emailed me the LIN number. details in signature.

anu.sonti said:
My I-140 mailed on 9/19 and waiting for receipt number.

Wow!!!
that was fast!
[/QUOTE]