How Long does it take to get EAD(Plastic) Cards.

rjasti

Registered Users (C)
I have applied for my renewal of EAD cards at VSC and EAD got approved and waiting for the cards. Can some one tell me how long will it take to get Plastic Cards. It is already three weeks after my application got approoved. Can we work without receiving the plastic cards?.
My EAD is expiring on August 9th 2000. My details are as follows.

EAD RD: 05/10/2000
EAD ND: 05/12/2000
Approved on 07/07/2000.

WAITING FOR PLASTIC CARDS.

No Title

Both my wife and I applied for EAD renewal with a notice date of April 4th. Both were approved on June 21st. I got my card
on June 30th. My wife\'s card still is not received. Spoke with IIO once and was told about the auditing and that she will receive the
card in 10 days. More than 2 weeks passed by since. Finally I had Rajiv Khanna\'s office call them. The IIO said due to some
mechanical problem, the card got stuck and they have reordered one one July 17th and that she should receive in 2 to 3 weeks.
Her current EAD expires on Aug 4th. Rajiv Khanna said she SHOULD NOT work till the card is physically
received. I read some postings which say its OK to work. I dont know what to do.
I am hoping the card will come br Aug 4th. Going to that local INS office(Newark, NJ) is an option, but its like
going to visa in India. Should go there very early in the morning (3 am) and u will get the card, if u do, only in the evening.
Shyam