how long does it take to approve after Name check cleared?

nerf

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks,

I wonder how long it usually takes for USCIS to approve my case after name check is cleared. My NC was cleared on 06/07/2007.

I understand that USCIS is not a rational animal and any attempt to be precise with it fails. But numbers such as <3 months, 3-6 months would be good enough for me and highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi folks,

I wonder how long it usually takes for USCIS to approve my case after name check is cleared. My NC was cleared on 06/07/2007.

I understand that USCIS is not a rational animal and any attempt to be precise with it fails. But numbers such as <3 months, 3-6 months would be good enough for me and highly appreciated.

Thanks!

I think they shouldn't take too long to approve. But it depends on PD and RD though. Just keeping calling USCIS or contact your congressman or senator for inquiry.

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi folks,

Thanks!

I don't think any one can give you certain timeline for approval after the name check. It really depends upon your RD of I-485. Write your details EB? PD? RD? etc and then let people make predictions ;)

I don't think any one can give you certain timeline for approval after the name check. It really depends upon your RD of I-485. Write your details EB? PD? RD? etc and then let people make predictions ;)

Thanks for all the replies.
Here is the detail:

EB1-OR
140 PD 05/2006
485 RD 08/2006
485 ND 09/2006
NC started in 09/2006 and finished in 06/2007

According to infopass, in 04/2007 an officer touched my case. Probably for that reason I saw an LUD on 04/20/2007. Since my NC was pending then, the case was not approved.

Thanks for all the replies.
Here is the detail:

EB1-OR
140 PD 05/2006
485 RD 08/2006
485 ND 09/2006
NC started in 09/2006 and finished in 06/2007

According to infopass, in 04/2007 an officer touched my case. Probably for that reason I saw an LUD on 04/20/2007. Since my NC was pending then, the case was not approved.

I have seen EB1 cases getting approved in short time...so you should get your approval soon since your security checks are done.