How long does it take to approve a case once it is assigned to an officer? - Thanks <EOM&

No Title

I am an old timer;-) Here are my details.

Cat: EB3
PD: 9/97
ND: 8/99
RD: 9/99
FP1: 11/99
FP2: 06/01
EAD1, EAD2, EAD3
AP1, AP2, AP3

Case assigned to an officer yesterday (12/17/2001).

How did you know that your case was

assigned to an officer ? Did you speak to an IIO ?

I spoke to an IIO yesterday, he said he would put in a request and "CC" somebody to have my case assigned. I do not know what exactly he meant or if he did really put in a request.

But from some other threads it is apparent that once assigned to an officer the approval is a matter of a few days. I am surprised or rather frustrated at INS approving Sep 2000 and later EB2 cases when lots of pre-2000 EB3 cases are still pending.
My case details:

EB3/India,
PD: 04/99
ND: 11/99
FP1: 03/00
FP2: 10/01

Still waiting.

One week needed to finish it once assigned to Examiner for regular cases. If may take two weeks for

In my case, assined on Dec 10, and approved all (three) on Dec 14.Good luck! Daniel

Daniel100, Do you know how the case is assigned

by an IIO to an officer ?

After you talk to them over the phone, do they put the case in some kind of a queue waiting to be assigned to an officer ?

No Title

Yes. I spoke to an officer and he told me that my case has been assigned to an officer on 17th of Dec. It was tranferred to the
unit on 10th of Nov.

No Title

I think my case is straight forward. Hopefully, it will
get approved before the new year.

Does anybody know whether INS will be closed from 22-Dec till 1-Jan?

Thanks.

No Title

IIos can not assign cases to an officer. They can only leave a note
to their supervisor requesting them to assign a case to some officer.

I went through a senator and a congressman. Also, my attorney and I called the INS several times requesting them to take a decision on my case. I don\'t know which triggered this assignment.

Same Boat as You Swapna

Swapna,
Came to know my case has been given to an examiner on 18 Dec.
I had also contacted Congressman, Senator etc.
Keeping my fingers crossed

PD 09/98 ND 11/5/99 FP2 8/30/2001
EAD - 3 TIMES
AP - 3 times