How long does it take for the FP result to get back to VSC?

JH

Registered Users (C)
My FP appointment is scheduled for next week in Wheaton, Maryland. Can somebody tell me how long will it take for VSC to get the FP result after it\'s done. Thanks in advance.

RD June/13/01
ND August/10/01

from my experience, your AVM message could change with in a week or two.

Your AVM message could change with in a week or two, saying your FP are reviewed and process has resumed.

No Title

I think it varies from case to case. You thought NY was slow - then digest this - My NY FP done on 1/29 - AVM changed 3 days later on 2/1 to FP review recieved, processing resumed for both self and spouse.

I did it in Boston on Jan 11 and AVM said VSC received FP on Jan 18.

I didn\'t check AVM until yesterday (Feb 10)

How did you get this information? Did you do a query on FP EAC or 485 application EAC?

No Title

If you had a paper based FP - 1-1.5 months.
If computer based - within 24 hours.

It has nothing to do with your state. After taking your FP, the information (FP) is forwarded to the FBI. If electronic, they run a quick scan and send the results to the RSC within 24 hours. If paper based, then that is a seperate process.

The INS does not update the system for a while after getting the info. For eg. my FP date was scheduled for 01/24/02 (NY, Bronx). I completed it on 01/12/02 (early). AVM changed that a notice was sent on 01/14/02. On calling FBI, they confirmed results were sent on 01/13/02. AVM changed on "received FP results and processing resumed" on 01/21/02.

V_a_rao, thanks a lot. Can you also a) post the FBI no to call b) let us know which EAC to query VSC

No Title

You can find the number at immitracker.com under VSC. You need the A# for the status from FBI. This number will be on the FP Notice/EAD Card/ 485 receipt.