How long does it take for AP

gama_2001

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

I just filed my I-485, 765 and 131 applications and got the LIN number today.

I was shocked to see that it takes 320 -355 days for processing AP I-131.

Does it take that long? Then it defeats the purpose of Advance Parole.

Can somebody throw some light on this?

I will post my details as soon as I get my receipt notice.

Thanks in advance.

I filed my AP extension 2 weeks ago and the receipt notice says that "It is taking between 320 and 355 days for us to process this kind of case". But as per immigrations.com, BCIS-Nebraska is currently precoessing AP received on 2-19-03

So in my view it should not take that long but you never know.

Thanks

It is so frustating. Hope to get it at the earliest. Have another question.

I have my H1-B valid till Jan 2005 (I complete 6 years by then). Do I need to have AP for travel or can I use the H1 to enter. I am NOT planning to use my EAD till it is required.

I am planning to travel during Oct-Nov 2003.

Thanks!!

gama_2001

If you have H1 visa stamped on your passport then you can use H1 instead of AP while entering USA.

I think the message could be missleading. Our AP was filed somtime in Feburary this years. In last March we received a request for addition evidence. After submitting our current drivers license and current address, the AP was approved in middle April. It took anout 2 months to be approved.

Hope this will be useful to your guys.

You will never know !

I applied for AP for myself, wife, and daughter with the 485 in Feb 02. It took 45 days for mine and my wife's. My daughter's never came although it said approved (Per Voice Msg and Online) . We called (former) INS, and they asked us to apply again, which we did, only this time we applied in June and got it in November. We applied for renewal March 28, 2003, we got a receipt saying 999 days. the web site said 285-320, and then changed to 320-350. (numbers are approximate, I don't remember the excact number of days, but it is in this vacinity). It has been 60 days and no word yet. At the end of the day, "You will never know" :)

Here is my story.

My receipt date for AP is 1/17/2003. So far I'm still waiting for the approval. Really frustrated about this. Initially the receipt said 90 days, but that estimation has dramatically changed. I'm mentally getting ready for the worst case of 320+ days of waiting.

My AP RD is December 2002. Still pending. Local BCIS field offices have descretion to issue AP on the spots if you can prove an emergency. I am not expecting mine for a few more months.

rgds,
sadiq

AP Approval

I did a concurrent filing on Feb. 5th, 2003, i.e. I140, EAD, AP and 485. On May 9th, the I-140 was approved. On May 13th the EAD and on 15th the AP. It took another 7-9 days to receive all the paper documents by postal service.

My RD for AP renewal is 7 Jan,2003. I am still awaiting my approval. I have a feeling that if AP is filed alongwith I-485 application (i.e first time) its getting approved faster. Renewals are taking 5-6 months. This is really frustrating :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sometime I feel that why don't they issue the AP and EAD for 2 years or more if they are not able to adjudicate the 485 cases within one year.