How long does EAD takes?

qdew

Registered Users (C)
I am wondering how long it takes to get EAD approved? If it is same time frame as getting H1 transfer receipt, I think getting EAD might even be a better idea.

No Title

EAD usually takes a little more time than H1 transfer receipt. But with INS anything is possible.

No Title

in my case, my lawyer did the EAD application along with the I-485 on Dec 01, 2000. I got my EAD approved on 04/11/2001 due to AVM. I received my EAD card on 04/25/2001. So almost 4 and half month. But it all depends on the current situation. It will be a good idea to get your EAD card on your hand in case something happen later.

good luck!

No Title

These days I think its taking 80-90 days. My ND is Feb 2, 2001 and EAD approved date is Apr 26, 2001. I hope by mid of next month I should get it by mail.

No Title

The waiting time is extremely erratic. I saw few posting mentioning that they receive EAD withing 30-40 days.

Ours is pending for more than 110 days.

No Title

I moved from Company A to Company B a month ago. My H1 petition with B is still pending in INS , and the previous H1 with A is revoked. Now I want to go back to A. The A\'s attorney wants to do transfer for me. But I don\'t have a valid H1 visa essentially at this time. Can I do H1 transfer to A?
I filed 485 as a dependent of my wife in Februray, but I didn\'t apply for EAD then. So applying for an EAD now is probably better in my case but it takes too long to start working with A soon. Any suggeations?
Thank you.