How Long Did You Wait For Decision After The Interview

solovei

Registered Users (C)
HELLO EVERYBODY-

I WAS LOOKING FOR A FORUM ABOUT GETTING AN ASYLUM, BUT COULDN'T FOUND IT - THIS ONE WAS THE CLOSEST...

Me and my wife had an asylum interview in Rosedale, NY office in June 7th '05, and it was ours and our lawers mutual feeling that it went good. Since both me and my wife are in status, the officer told us that we'll get an answer in the mail.

Almost 3 months now, and no answer. Our lawyer sent her a fax about few weeks ago asking to make a decision - still no answer. It's little frustrating, since I know for a fact that they process it very fast now. (A friend of mine got an approval in two weeks).

Could anyone share their timing of approval after the interview? Also, if person is in status, they cannot deny him right away, they have to first send "an intent of denial"?
I've also heard that they now send EAD cards along with the approval letter - may be that's why it's taking longer?
Thank you very much.

It takes longer now. They now require EVERY SINGLE CASE to be approved to HQ. See attachment.

Similar procedure for I-485. I deleted that email.

???????

windywd said:
It takes longer now. They now require EVERY SINGLE CASE to be approved to HQ. See attachment.

Similar procedure for I-485. I deleted that email.

The memo (which by the way dates from 2001) says only that specific types of cases need to be review. Where do you get the idea that "every single case" needs to be reviewed by HQ??????????

solovei said:
HELLO EVERYBODY-

I WAS LOOKING FOR A FORUM ABOUT GETTING AN ASYLUM, BUT COULDN'T FOUND IT - THIS ONE WAS THE CLOSEST...

Me and my wife had an asylum interview in Rosedale, NY office in June 7th '05, and it was ours and our lawers mutual feeling that it went good. Since both me and my wife are in status, the officer told us that we'll get an answer in the mail.

Almost 3 months now, and no answer. Our lawyer sent her a fax about few weeks ago asking to make a decision - still no answer. It's little frustrating, since I know for a fact that they process it very fast now. (A friend of mine got an approval in two weeks).

Could anyone share their timing of approval after the interview? Also, if person is in status, they cannot deny him right away, they have to first send "an intent of denial"?
I've also heard that they now send EAD cards along with the approval letter - may be that's why it's taking longer?
Thank you very much.

Welcome to the "Sit and wait" Club