How long can stay outside of US with valid Advance parol

annet

Registered Users (C)
How long can stay outside of US with valid AP while I-485 is pending? Has anybody stay abroad for more than 60 days and come back with valid AP without problem?

Technically you can stay up to validity of AP but it's not a good idea to do so. Majority of the immigration experts will suggest you, not to cross 60 days.

I have stayed out of the US on 2 separate occasions for 2.5 months each and few other occasions between 1.5 - 2 months. Never had a problem on any occasion.

I stayed away quite long

I think I stayed outside of the U.S. for about 6 months and did not face any problems at the LA airport. I basically presented them my AP and maybe having my husband (a US citizen) with me helped.

ChicagoGal said:
I think I stayed outside of the U.S. for about 6 months and did not face any problems at the LA airport. I basically presented them my AP and maybe having my husband (a US citizen) with me helped.

Thanks for the info! How did a US citizen help? Did the border officer ask you any questions?

I had all my documents with me at the time and she didn't even ask to see my EAD card. I don't remember her asking me any questions except whether the USC passport belonged to my husband and I said Yes. My husband had already cleared immigration long before since he was in the Citizens line and was waiting for me on the other side of the counter. Basically, everything was smooth sailing when she saw the USC passport belonging to my husband.