How long can I use AP, plz help

Yauheniya

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody,
I just came back from my home country using AP. The immigration officer stamped one copy (it says now "paroled until 03/31/07"). AP itself expires on June 6, 2006. I haven't got the GC yet (FBI name check's pending), but thinking about going out of country again in August. So what should I do now? Should I apply for a new AP (in case I don't get a GC until August)? I'm not sure what this stamp in AP means...(paroled until March 2007), does it mean I can travel with the same AP again? If anybody has more info about traveling with AP, please share. Thanks for any help.

Yauheniya said:
Hi everybody,
I just came back from my home country using AP. The immigration officer stamped one copy (it says now "paroled until 03/31/07"). AP itself expires on June 6, 2006. I haven't got the GC yet (FBI name check's pending), but thinking about going out of country again in August. So what should I do now? Should I apply for a new AP (in case I don't get a GC until August)? I'm not sure what this stamp in AP means...(paroled until March 2007), does it mean I can travel with the same AP again? If anybody has more info about traveling with AP, please share. Thanks for any help.

If you plan to travel soon and your GC is still pending, you should apply for another AP seeing that the current one expires in ~2 months.

The expiry date on your AP is the last date you can enter into the US using your AP. The paroled date is usually one year from the date you entered in the US and indicates the period you are paroled into the US and can stay. You also get an I-94 which is valid for one year from the date you entered US on AP. This I-94 date does not matter if you are in pending AOS status.

You can use the AP to enter US as many times (as long as it is multiple entry) before the expiry date. If you plan to enter US after the expiry date, then you should travel with a new AP.