how long before consulate replies ?

latak_raha_hoon

friends,

have applied for AC 140 @ mumbai consulate. package was received by them on Oct 11th.

any idea how long before they send email back with case number assigned?

Embassy reply

My AC-140 package was received at the Delhi embassy on Sept.2,2004. My family in Delhi received the letter with the case number around the 19th or 20th of September.

very interesting, since my FeDex reached Sep 11, no letter or e-mail with case # was sent to my family in delhi or to me in US. tentative interview date per phone call by me feb 2005......!! go figure.

Hello All,
Can you pl. tell me what all documents you are supposed to send for AC-I 140 to American Consulate Mumbai.
As per mumbai consulate web site it is
"If you believe that your case meets these conditions,
forward copies of your I-140 paperwork to the
Immigrant Visa Unit, U.S. Consulate General, 78
Bhulabhai Desai Rd., Mumbai 400026 India with:

the original I-797 Notice of Approval Form
complete forms OF-169 and OF-230, part 1
an e-mail address where we can contact the attorney
with confirmation that we have accepted the case".

My I140 approval said AOS even though I asked for CP and now I want to go for I 824.

Pl. reply soon. Waiting to hear something.
Thanks,
Harru.

cp

Haaru
i had a similar situation...apparently despite requesting "CP" on the
I-140 petition, the approval mentioned AOS, hence we had to go the I-824 receipt route etc.
as i mentioned previously, no e mail confirmation despite Fedex delivery sep 11 2004 ....
as regards documents, your attorney should be able to guide best but your list appears accurate

potential said:
Haaru
i had a similar situation...apparently despite requesting "CP" on the
I-140 petition, the approval mentioned AOS, hence we had to go the I-824 receipt route etc.
as i mentioned previously, no e mail confirmation despite Fedex delivery sep 11 2004 ....
as regards documents, your attorney should be able to guide best but your list appears accurate

Thanks a lot potential. So its true that all other documents specially PCC etc need to be shown at the time of interview only.

HAARU,

as part of my AC140 to Mumbai i sent I140 petition copy, DS230 Part 1, DS 2001, original I797 Approval notice, I824 receipt, and attorney cover letter.

everything else is needed only for interview.

POTENTIAL,

did u send any email to mumbai consulate to check if they have given you a case number ?

my AC140 fedex reached them Oct 12th. no news yet. meanwhile i got a RFE on my I824. USCIS wants to know if i want to continue with AOS or switch to CP. my I485 RD is Feb 2003. now i am in a real sticky situation. seems VSC is processing june 2003 cases already. i also got my 2nd FP done on 10/20/04. should i continue AOS or stick with CP even though haven't heard anything back from Mumbai ?? :confused:

cp

Latak raha hoon:
yes, i called Delhi embassy, they gave me a case #.
i am not sure if you can pursue both AOS and CP concurrently, i think that may be a problem, better check with your attorneys. do you have a case # yet?