How long AP takes? 969-999 days

Sahin

Registered Users (C)
Hay Folks,
Did BCIS gone mad?

My AP get approved on January 8th. They put my birth date wrong. They printed my birth year 1997. That was not my mistake in the original application. They did it.

My lawer request to change it along with another application, in case they need new application. They issue a new receive against that application by overlooking the request to correct that one.

Now it is pending and message saying

"It is taking between 969 to 999 days"

Did any AP painding folks hear this lately??

Is not this crazy??

My receipt got same rediculous processing time

RD: Feb 11
ND: Feb 25

RD: Feb 11
ND: Feb 25

EAD extention receipt date: FEB 5, 2003.

Says 969 -999 days..

I haven't received the receipt date for AP extention

There is hope - the 969/999 seems to be some ridiculous number they have picked up... My case: RD Jan 22, Same 969/999 message, got approved 8th Mar :)

On downside, I have read rumors that AP is taking longer for citizens of countries requiring registrations..

Goodluck to all!

-ab

True Rumor

Yes, Very true Rumor:

let me tell you my history. My AP got approved on Jan 8, 2003 after long wait. They put my brth date wrong. It was their mistake, not mine.

My lawer requested to correct it if possible, if not please accept another application. They accepted another application which was accompanied by my previosu AP what has just approved.
They issued me RFE again on that AP.

Can you think now the penalization.

atlantabhopali

atlantabhopali
How did you know that special country regisgtration is taken them longer to get their EAD AND AP. I have that problem. Is there a way to check on this? Your answer would be really appreciated

This is not a written rule

This is actually not a written rule. Therefore, there is no way to proof. This is the statistics or observation.

If you from those countries expect RFE, delays for more security check up etc....

no receipt

Hi,

I filed my I-485, AP, EAD at the time when fee was reduced. I only got receipt for my AP, but no receipt for 485 and EAD.

Called INS, they told me due to the fee change, they have to manually input the data. so I won't be getting receipt forever. They gave me the receipt number though.

Does anyone has the same situation?

Receipt for EAD

It has been almost 20 days.

I have not received receipt for EAD application.

Any suggestion???

receipt for EAD

have you received your receipt for AP and I-485? When did you file your case?

I only got receipt for AP and I was told I will never get receipt for I-485 and EAD.

Receipt for EAD

I sent application with $88.00 on Feb 23rd 2003.

Today I received letter from INS stating that "The application or petition cannot be accepted because the proper fee of $120.00 U.S is not attached."

Now I'm sending application again with $120.
:confused:

AP

I did get it from Newark, NJ . I went there about 6:30AM.

I park my CAR at private parking ($4.50 all day), which is very near to INS office. Though standing in queue was so boring.

If you are planning to go there keep few good books with you.

I don't think I can get AP from Chicago office, what was your reason for getting the AP from NJ, Don't you have to give them a reason?

Sam

ToSamir

I'm planning to do the same thing monday in Chicago, what kind of docuemtn did you take with you, can you give me more informaiton about what exactly took place and what was your execuse to get the Visa from the Local Office and not NSC.

thanks!!!!

tosamir

Hi, how can you go to local office to get AP? I have filed my AP with my I-485 application to NSC in Feb and am waiting anxiously. Can I also go to local office to get AP? what kind of documents I need to bring? I am in Seattle, WA.

Thanks a lot!!!!

AP

I don't know about Seattle, WA but you can get it from Newark,NJ office. I think you should try.

I had submited following documents.

Form 131
Copy of 485 receipt
Copy of I-94
2 Photographs
$110.00
and

Keep passport and driving license with you.

Last edited by a moderator: