How law 245(i) is a gotcha

Nebraska

I am aware of what the new law says, what I am afraid of is what it does not say for example.

1. I\'m assuming that an F-1 student out of status cannot skip the H-1b visa process and apply for permanent residency. I can understand how this law would help an H-1b person whose visa expired while waiting for their permanent residency. No other status adjustment is mentioned. Please Advise?

2. Since the new law forgives transgressions before April 30, 2001, what happens if you continue to work after April 30, 2001. INS now has all you\'re latest details, you have reminded them you are still around. INS could always say, "well while you were waiting for your I-140 approval we investigated and found that you were working illegally, we therefore decline your permanent residency petition, SORRY!". Please Advise?

3. As for those who came illegally, or don\'t have a degree to qualify for EB-3 or EB-2, I\'m assuming you are eligible for permanent residency through marriage to a US. Citizen. Please be careful not to fall in no mans land.

4. Lastly I would like to express my heart felt concern to all you hard working out of status aliens, be sure not to open a can of worms. Make sure you\'re 100% ELIGIBLE for permanent residency, because if you are not then that $1000 fee for 245(i) will quickly go towards your one way exodus out of the "United States of America"

Gotcha.

No Title

can a 18th years old born here in us.. give the visa to the father he an immigrant he visa expired?????? is yes was is the procedures to do it??????

No Title

If we apply for 245I and have an approved i 140 petition, will it give us employment and travel authorization?