How is walk-in Fingerprinting done ?

prasnan

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Appreciate the responses to my prev. posting - You Guys Rock and this is an awesome forum !!

How does walk-in FP work ? I got my FP appt on 9/5/07 (at Telegraph Ave CIS, Oakland CA) which is 1st day of school for my kid. So I wanna do a walk-in next week if possible / feasible.

Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------

N-400 timeline - San Jose

07/18/2007 : Mailed to CSC
07/19/2007 : Priority Date
07/24/2007 : Check cashed
08/17/2007 : Receipt & FP Appt notices (Received in mail)
09/05/2007 : FP Appointment

There is no hard and fast rule. It is the prerogative of the official at the site on that day. It depends on how busy they are on that day.

Try it as it does not hurt.

I inadvertently missed my appointment and, based on advice from this forum, did a "walk-in" rather than wait for a new appointment. The guy on the desk was a little "power hungry" but did let me in and from then it was easy-peasy and everybody was super nice. Definitely worth trying but if you have an appointment letter (which you MUST take) with a date in the future, they might just tell you to wait.

I don't think you come under San jose DO like your sign suggests. You most likely are Oakland DO and I think you will have no problems if you walk in.
Be thankful you are Oak. SJ is slower and recently they have been rejecting walkins for FP even when people have legitimate reasons. When we did our FP walkin 3 days early it was only because we wanted to finish it on a Sat instead of Wednes.

Hi All,

My spouse and I went to Oakland ASC on Telegraph ave. to try for a walk-in FP.
It was simply rejected by the Officer at the entrance. He suggested 2 alternative dates - 9/8 or 9/12 - if we wanted to reschedule or else mail the FP Notice to USCIS for a reschedule ! We took the closest date that worked for both of us. So we'll be going on 9/8/07 rather than we go separately on 9/5 and 9/7.

N-400 timeline - San Jose

07/18/2007 : Mailed to CSC
07/19/2007 : Priority Date
07/24/2007 : Check cashed
08/17/2007 : Receipt & FP Appt notices (Received in mail)
09/05/2007 & 09/07/07: FP Appointment for self & spouse.
09/08/2007: FP appt rescheduled after futile attempt to walk-in FP on 08/25.

You must be the 1st in the history of this forum to postpone your FP for such a small reason;-) . The agency works on FIFO so if you can make it just go and do the FP on the correct dates instead of adding a few days delay.