How is the IT job market in NZ?

Life is Exigent there in NZ

Well it is interesting to know someone is planning for NZ but guys there are no jobs there people who ever gone there are back in US no they have very limited jobs and they are very tough. It is highly impossible if u can\'t achieve in this country u can achieve there anythin. This my personal exp after Leaving in NZ for two years..Now Australia has restricted the NZ people entering into that country..My advise is think before u could invest....if you are good in farm work(yes I am not kidding) and prepared to work if situation demands(definetly if you want to earn money), then this country is THE CHOICE.

P.S:-some examples of farm work are Weeding. pruning.edge cutting,relaying, fruit picking,onion picking.....etc under Scorching sun.....u can\'t even imagine kind of the intencity of Sun heat...

No Title

Hi,

I was planning to apply for NZ immigration.But seeing ur mail i want to know more imformation about the IT job situtaion there.Please tell me more about your experiences.Did u have to go to NZ under work permit and search for the visa?that is what was your total points?
OR Did you the immigration before going to NZ?
Please let me know

Life in NZ

Hi,
  IT jobs in NZ are few. Its hard to get a job.
You will end up trying and finally get mad. Its
better to go to India and lead a peaceful life.
Better check with others too. This is my opinion.

I am an Indian

I would like to go newzealand for any Job or for further education, i don\'t know what is the process and what has to be done exactly, i belongs to a middle class family, could anybody help me. if u can, Plz mail me to tara_t@rediffmail.com

Tarak....

student/migrate to newzealand

Hi, as you have mentioned that you belong to middle class family, I would strongly suggest to drop the idea of applying for student/migration visa to NewZealand. The life is very hard there, none of the universities provide aid for you. and doing odd jobs are also difficult while studying. You migrate there, if you have plans to go to any other country like USA otherwise just waste of money, time.

No Title

Without overseas exposure it is hard to get job in NZ. Education system is quiet good. The job opportunities are limited due to limited growth potential as a country. But a great place to live

confused!

An immigration consultant talked me into doing the NZ PR.And when the points were evaluated i got only 23 out of the required 25.Now they are telling me to get a work visa ,land in NZ and find a job in 6 months.
I have 5yrs experience in IT and am currently in USA.
Do you think i can make it in 6months? Is life in NZ better than USA?
Please reply.
Thanks.....

Job opportunities in NZ

I have been in NZ for 5 years. It is a small, beautiful and peaceful place to live. But the job opportunities are very very limited and not good business opprtunities. You may end up doing odd jobs which at times are difficult to find. Even after being there for 5 years myself and my wife could not a proper job and we left for US. The life here is much better even today inspite of big layoffs.Most of our friends have moved to Australia or US.

please Assist me for Australia

Hello sir

Thanks for u r valuabe advice, i just belongs to a middle
class family, i have a lots of desires to be done, so that i would
like to go abroad(for earning money), i have came to know that
Australian govt. is looking after the manpower,whether it\'s true
or? plese help me in this concern , please mail me as early as
possible

Once again Thanks a LOT

Tarak.....

jobs in NZ

hi

NZ Govt is giving an option for the candidates who get below 25 points, that is a provisional visa(like work visa) for six months. After going to NZ you must find out the job(any kind, may not be IT) and the employer must sponsor you. If you get this you can apply for permanent residence otherwise you have to leave the country. Coming to the IT jobs, there are very few and it is very difficult to get a job. My suggestion is to stay in USA or apply for Australia which is better than NZ(if you are looking to apply for any other country).

How is IT Job Market in NZ

At least one message in here is very negative.
Job opportunities in NZ are def not better than US. But in this market, if you are in US with H visa with out job, what is the choice?
If you do not find an IT job in NZ, you do not need to settle for an odd job, you can go to school for higher education, Institutes are very good in NZ(standard is good). Coming to AUS, IT job opportunities are better and facilities are good in cities like Sydney. I found train network to be very convenient to goto jobs. I was there for a month and I was offered several IT jobs as I was just browsing the market in Jan 2001. I can not speak for today\'s situation. There are plus and minus points with any country. I would not rule out AUS/NZ countries for living.

Do not rule out AUS/NZ/CANADA

You should look into MIGRATING to these countries if YOU do not have a decent earning in INDIA. People suggest different things, bottom line is, one should compare the earnings/living conditions in INDIA keeping MIDDLE CLASS life style in view. Applying as a STUDENT is not a good idea as it is expensive. If you are an IMMIGRANT, you can still go to school at much afford able situation in these countries.
Finally, qualifying and successfully getting an Immigrant visa to these countries is ACCOMPLISHMENT. But once you are there, you need to put at least 2 years into higher education, you will definitely get a break through based on that. I know people who did go to school and all of them got jobs, FYI.
Thanks.

I lived in NZ more than 10 years since my high school. IT jobs is rare. For example, in whatever years, say US has 1000 IT jobs, Canada would have 100, Australia would have 10 and NZ could only have 1 or less. This is the ratio.

Luckly both my wife and I had good IT jobs there, but earning are limited compare US EE engineers. So 4 years ago, we migrated to USA to seak further career advancement and despite the harsh economic condition in USA now, we thought it was still much better than NZ in terms of jobs. We earn about 3 to 4 times than in NZ by doing similar job.

Education system is good, especially the universities. Life is very peaceful. And country is very beautiful (just go and watch the movie "Lord of Ring", they are real NZ beauty).

IT job prospects

I live in NZ and there are lots of IT jobs around, I work in the IT industry and I have never had a problem finding a job.

If you want to take a look at this link you can find what jobs are available in the IT industry in NZ

http://www.netcheck.co.nz

Things to consider if you want to move to New Zealand...

Having read through what everybody has written in this thread, I thought I would post some insights of my own.

I was born in New Zealand and have lived here all my life. While it is a beautiful and peaceful country to live in, with friendly people - there are some points to consider if you want to move over here.

Our public and tertiary education systems are very good and there is a great deal of scholarships and funding available to students who attend polytechnics or universities. That is a major plus for New Zealand. However, the downside of having all the qualifications in the world, is that we just don't have very many job opportunities over here because our country is so small. This is why many New Zealanders stay to obtain their formal qualifications, but later leave for Australia or the United States to look for work.

If you already live in the United States but want to move to New Zealand, do give it some serious thought because from my own experience - having lived here all my life but also having visited the United States recently, in the long run - you have it much better of there in the U.S in terms of job opportunities.

Guys

Have you ever compared australia to Canada in terms of job prospects? I agree completely that given a choice US still offers more in terms of money, opportunities however how does Canada compare to Australia?

Any one has personal experiences to share?

Thanks