How important is the Job Title for AC21?

ajju15

Registered Users (C)
As per my Labor (ETA 750A), the job title was “Project Leader”. My I-485 is pending at TSC since more than two years and I-140 was approved approximately 18 months back.

I have got an offer from new employer (my current client). The offered compensation is better than now (also around 30 % more than mentioned in ETA 750). But they have very generic job title (with different levels) and the offered title is “Application Developer”. They are willing to put the job role from my Labor Application (ETA 750A) on Employment Verification Letter. In fact they are ready to mention in the letter that their “Application Developer” title is equivalent to “Project Leader” title and I will be working in the same role (joining the client) after the change.

My question is: Do I have valid case for AC21? And, Is there any chance that USCIS can create problem due to job title?

I will appreciate clarification from experienced people. Thanks in advance.

The job duties must be the same or similar. The title does give some clue as to what you may be doing but its the job duties they look at.