How does this info pass thing work !!!

atique rahman

Registered Users (C)
I mean how does this info pass work? My case was processed in NSC & if I get an info pass in my local office (Dallas) do this local office has any access to my file?
I was at the ASC where my bio was taken last year but security guy didn't even let me talk to an officer without USCIS appointment letter. He said it's not possible that my bio was not transmitted properly ( Per NSC officer). And if that ever happens I would be notified within a week or two to retake that not all this time which is close to an year now. Security guy also said most probably it's sitting at NSC but IO is not paying attention.
He suggested me to get an info pass & go to my local office & get help from them but I never did that info pass thing. Could some one help me out about this please. Do you think I should do so or just wait more time since it's not 90 days yet as per the approval notice. I'm so upset can't even make up my mind.
Atique.

casaca said:
Here is the link, https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php
I think you must do it immediately.Good luck.

Casaca, since my approval letter says clearly not to take any actions within 90 days & if nothing happens within that 90 days time period than call them or take some steps I think I should rather wait. Cause I'm afraid they simply can turn me down saying why are you so impatient & your approval letter mentions not to take no actions before that 90 days time.
I know lot other forum members receiving plastic within a week or two after approval but that's not gonna help me making USCIS people understand anything rather they'll stick with their approval letter instructions which says "Please do not take any actions at this time." If you have not received your permanent resident card within 90 days. Please call this office."
I'm in a fix. Don't know what would be my best bet. Folks need all your suggestion on this issue.
Atique.

atique rahman said:
Casaca, since my approval letter says clearly not to take any actions within 90 days & if nothing happens within that 90 days time period than call them or take some steps I think I should rather wait. Cause I'm afraid they simply can turn me down saying why are you so impatient & your approval letter mentions not to take no actions before that 90 days time.
I know lot other forum members receiving plastic within a week or two after approval but that's not gonna help me making USCIS people understand anything rather they'll stick with their approval letter instructions which says "Please do not take any actions at this time." If you have not received your permanent resident card within 90 days. Please call this office."
I'm in a fix. Don't know what would be my best bet. Folks need all your suggestion on this issue.
Atique.

I think you should TRY... even if they turn you down... at least you tried it....
Take 2 photos and asked them to take your fingerprints in a Biometric card that they have, and along with your pictures to mail it to the service center where your GC is being process... Just tell them to send those things there...

If you dont try it, you will never know...

Artique:
I don't think inquire "INFOPASS" really means "Action", for me, Action means
send RFI documents and so on. Don't think so much and waste time, go ahead!