How does Priority date become current

liman

Registered Users (C)
I have asked this question so many times and you all have refused to answer. Can someone tell me what it means when they say "priority date is (or is not) current". Give an example.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Priority dates

I responded to your message before but I\'ll give it another shot. Priority dates are published monthly by the Department of State in the Visa bulletin. Look around the Department of State website, www.state.gov

The published priority dates indicate the date before which the GC must have been commenced (in most cases this means the LC was filed with SESA) in order to be eligible to file an I-485 that month.

For example, let\'s say the priority date for March 2002 is January 1, 2000. Any person with a priority date before that date is eligible to file an I-485 (if an I-140 has been approved) in March. Just be sure that INS receives the I-485 in MARCH. If they receive it in February (even if it\'s a leap year and they receive it February 29th) the I-485 will be DENIED, but the problem is it will take INS a year or so to get around to denying the I-485.

Hope this helps.

Jim

James D. Mills
(formerly Jim M)
Attorney at Law
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702

Is Letter from new employer need to be sent to INS about new job details, if job is changed even aft

I came to know about this site just yesterday. Have spent couple of hours digging through the cases and find it very informative.
Brief details about my case:
EB3 - India
PD: 01/98
ND: 10/99 from NSC (Case was transferred from Nebraska)
ND: 11/99 from TSC
FP : 2nd on 11/01
EAD : Received 3rd EAD after 90 days of processing.

Currently working with a new company for the last 1 year on the basis of by EAD card. Recently my lawyer from my new company has asked me that we should sent a letter to INS with all the details about my change in job since this is a new requirement. As per my lawyer, this will not spoil my case.

I would like to know is this a new requirement by INS and will it mess with my case? Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Regards,
Raju.