How does name change affect?

RocknTree

Registered Users (C)
Does it tak longer to be processed?
How does it affect my registration, such house, driver license, etc?
It seems a lot of inconvenience will be for a while afterwards.
Any comments? Thanks.

RocknTree said:
Any comments? Thanks.

are you talking about name change during the N400 processing?

since you did not mention it, and i would not want to guess thou.

However, just for an example, i requested a name change during my citizenship application process. it did not (seemed so) add additional time to process.

I updated the key things (however, i am sure i have left out some), such as, banks / stock market acct / cc / driver license / personal info at work / apt lease contract / and etc etc.

yes, it took me sometime to get everything done. however, it is an one-time deal, and i am very happy with my new name (basically, i added my english name as part of my legal name).

RocknTree said:
Any comments? Thanks.

Before Oath everything goes the same if you request a name change or not.

After...I find it a pain in the @$$. Most of the people are asking in writing the name change request on the Phone/Utilities/Credit cards/etc accounts.

I came to the conclusion that is easier to move the service on someone else's name, and then move it back to my...new name
:eek: :D

Suzy977 said:
Before Oath everything goes the same if you request a name change or not.

After...I find it a pain in the @$$. Most of the people are asking in writing the name change request on the Phone/Utilities/Credit cards/etc accounts.

I came to the conclusion that is easier to move the service on someone else's name, and then move it back to my...new name
:eek: :D

hehe.. but you might not want to cancel your credit card and reapply it for that reason.

it is very pain in the a$$. some of the companies i had to deal with request a certified copy of the name change form. oh well...

:D
In Las Vegas , NV takes 6-8 weeks to recieve the court-issued name change document :p
You know what , I could give a fuck now .. this is fun .... :p
I guess since it takes so long they must engrave it in gold or some shit
On a serious note , each District got they own rules , so OBEY them
I was able to get a new passport and DL also some credit cards ( will use only the new cards only, so the ones that ask for proofs and what not can stay on the shell ) Some credit comp told me to wait till i have the document then send them a copy ... if it never comes i will never get a new card ... hihihihi
I do get a little stressed on a single issue , i have a bunch a permits that requires me to show the new change i never pressed the issue but if i have to i just apply as new applicant

btw , i do not have the court document for the name change :eek: