How does advanced parole work?

RareAir

Registered Users (C)
I am in the US married to my USC wife. I have applied for my COS and recieved my EAD. I arrived on a h-1b, several years ago which is now lapsed. However i might have to return to my home country for a family emergancy. I have questions.

1) How long does it take to get advance parole approved?
2) what forms do i need to fill out to get advance parole?
3) If i leave now before Cmy OS has been approved, will they allow me to return to the US prior to the COS being approved?

1)How long does it take to get advance parole approved?
Typically 2-3 months, you can get it faster if you apply personally in your local DO with a proof of emergency.

2) what forms do i need to fill out to get advance parole?
I-131, Application for Travel Document http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-131.htm

3) If i leave now before Cmy OS has been approved, will they allow me to return to the US prior to the COS being approved?
Ok now. It’s AOS (adjustment of status)
If you have been unlawfully present in the United States for more than 180 days but less than one year and you leave
before your application for GC approved, you may be inadmissible for three years from the date of your
departure even if your advanced parole approved.
If you have been unlawfully present in the United States for one year or more, you may be inadmissible back to US for ten years