How do you know whether the 140 was approved for CP or AOS?

Either call NVC# and check status using your INS case#

or wait for approval notice - if it says that case transferred to NVC that is CP.

No Title

Hi Jaceka

My 140 was approved yesterday.
when I call up NVC, the case# u are talking about is the same case# of I-140, correct? Can you also please give the NVC phone#.

I\'m debating whether to go for I-485 or cp. any suggestions?
is I-485 also faster at VSC nowdays?

Thanks

The Phone # of NVC is (603)334-0700 enter 2 2 3 1 1 1 and numbers following your EAC#

yes - use your EAC I140 number. If you want to speak with the operator - misdial your case number and you would be connected with an operator.
What is faster?... hmmm - that is a pure lottery I think - waiting time for an interview depends on the country - in Warsaw it takes about 4 months, in India is a little bit faster. Add also waiting time for Creating your Packet 3 of forms and transfer the INS case to NVC (about 1 month). If you apply for AOS here you would get EAD in 3 months and after 6 months you are free to change your job and you would keep a few bucks by saving money for a trip to your country:)
On the other hand - if you choose CP - you would get your GC stamp instantly upon arrival to US at a port of entry and complete freedom of employment.

No Title

Thanks. The following info (603)334-0700 enter 2 2 3 1 1 1 was extremely helpful. I didn\'t have to wait listening to all the options.

different message

when I call NVC...the message on my case says that " I have filed for AOS etc etc"..does this mean my file is withthe INS ??
Thanks in advance

dex65, did you file 485?

Did your lawyer notice NVC that you filed for 485? Thanks.