How do you know fingerprint is cleared

LC062003

Hi,

I would like to know how you guys know the fingerprint is cleared by FBI/Homeland Security Department

I filed I140/I485/I131/I765 on 6/8/06 and got ASC notice for code 3 appointment in late June. After i've got the fingerprint and biometric done, the online status was updated on 7/8/06.

One more thing. Is the case number on the ASC notice the same as the I485 notice (i did not get the receipt because my attroney filed it for me)

Thank you for your advice

---------------
EB2 PERM (PD: 04/10/06)
I140/I485/I131/I765 FD: 06/08/06
I485 ND: 06/13/2006 (NSC)
I765 AD: 7/7/06 (Got card on 7/11/06)
I131 AD:7/13/06 (Got documents on 7/18/06)
Code 3 done on: 07/07/06 (LUD:07/08/06)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it got cleared, which is why you got the LUD the next day. Alternately you could call the FBI at 304 625 2000 directly and ask. They will tell you. I had FP done 7/29 and when I called yesterday they said it was still being processed -> explains why I have no LUD yet.

One more thing. Is the case number on the ASC notice the same as the I485 notice (i did not get the receipt because my attroney filed it for me)
Yes

I had my FP COde 1 (second time) on May 17th. My LUD has not been updated yet. I called FBI and they said that the status of my FP were sent to Immigration Services on May 17th. I have no clue what's going on.

contact with what details?

please help me with these. I did code1 on apr06 but dont know whether cleared.

1. is code1 is last fp?
2. with what details, u need to contact FBI? how can they pull up our exact details?

thanks for your help in advance.

arnet said:
please help me with these. I did code1 on apr06 but dont know whether cleared.

1. is code1 is last fp?
2. with what details, u need to contact FBI? how can they pull up our exact details?

thanks for your help in advance.

Call FBI @ 304 625 2000 , PRESS #3. Tell them you are calling for your FP results for 485. They probably won't give you the results but just the status. YOu will need your A# and they will verify your name.

EAD, FP Code 3 and 485 Adjudication

Dear Friends,

I am new to this forum. So I do not understand the lingo that much.

Here is my case info as a summary at Nebraska.

Labor filing: March 2002

I-140 Cleared in October 2002

I-485 receipt date 05-07-03

I have renewed my EAD card including my family's two times on time. This year when it came up for renewal in May 2006, we applied for the renewal in Feb 2006 and they never responded except with the Receipt Notice immediately. So we all have renewed the cards at the local USCIS office (Chicago) and were issued Temporary EAD Cards for 3 months valid till end of August 2006.

We all have received individual letters letters from Nebraska Service Center that they need more information to process our EAD applications and it may take upto 6 months from the day of the letter (Issued in July 2006)- as a reply to my follow up letter to them. Surprisingly it says, if you do not hear from us within 6 months, you can contact us.

We all received a Code FP notice slated for next week.

Wish to ask the knowlegeable friends here whether the FP Code 3 is for adjucating EAD or our 485s!!

Any recent experience or guidance on this will help me stay cool.

Thanks

LC062003 said:
Hi,

I would like to know how you guys know the fingerprint is cleared by FBI/Homeland Security Department

I filed I140/I485/I131/I765 on 6/8/06 and got ASC notice for code 3 appointment in late June. After i've got the fingerprint and biometric done, the online status was updated on 7/8/06.

Thank you for your advice

---------------
EB2 PERM (PD: 04/10/06)
I140/I485/I131/I765 FD: 06/08/06
I485 ND: 06/13/2006 (NSC)
I765 AD: 7/7/06 (Got card on 7/11/06)
I131 AD:7/13/06 (Got documents on 7/18/06)
Code 3 done on: 07/07/06 (LUD:07/08/06)

All, I'm not quite sure how to track the FP status and also the LUD. Where is the LUD reflected? When you check your case status online?
I had my FP done about two months back. How do I track the status of that?
Thanks,
nj_skm

nj_skm said:
All, I'm not quite sure how to track the FP status and also the LUD. Where is the LUD reflected? When you check your case status online?
I had my FP done about two months back. How do I track the status of that?
Thanks,
nj_skm

Your LUD should change to a most recent date, something after your last FP. The message will not change. You can all call FBI, search the forum for the number. They will let you know if your FP's were processed and sent to BCIS or not.

I had my second FP Code 1 done on May 17th and my LUD changed on Aug 18th. I had called FBI and they had procesed my FP and sent the result to BCIS on May 17th. I am not sure what the 3 month delay was for. Anyone, have the FP LUD change after 3 months or so?

send me an email if you need more details.

Last edited by a moderator:
LUD means Last Updated Date

You can create an account on USCIS status checking page, and then you can add your receipt number(s) to your profile. Then everytime you log in to your account, you will see the latest LUD of the individual case(s).

ALL_D_NEWS said:
undefinedPLEASE CAN SOME TELL ME THE MEANING OF LUD THANKS ALOT

ALL_D_NEWS said:
undefinedPLEASE CAN SOME TELL ME THE MEANING OF LUD THANKS ALOT
LUD: Last updated date.
I don't think it shows up if you search for your case status. You need to create an account and add your case # to that account and then you can check the LUD.

minn_labor said:
Your LUD should change to a most recent date, something after your last FP. The message will not change. You can all call FBI, search the forum for the number. They will let you know if your FP's were processed and sent to BCIS or not.

I had my second FP Code 1 done on May 17th and my LUD changed on Aug 18th. I had called FBI and they had procesed my FP and sent the result to BCIS on May 17th. I am not sure what the 3 month delay was for. Anyone, have the FP LUD change after 3 months or so?

send me an email if you need more details.
I have an LUD on my case # of June 13th and my FP was done on June 10th. I guess we can't say for sure whether or not the LUD is due to the FP, right?

Call this number

I just called up the FBI at 304-625-5590 to enquire about my FP status.
A very nice and efficient-sounding lady talked to me. She wanted my A number for the status check. I told her that I didn't have with me right then and asked her if she could use my SSN instead. She wasn't sure but tried it and it worked.
She said that my FP were received on June 10th (which was the date I gave my FP at Newark, NJ) and were processed and sent back to USCIS the same day.
So I guess my NC is cleared. :D (or am I rejoicing too soon?)
nj_skm

nj_skm said:
A very nice and efficient-sounding lady talked to me. She wanted my A number for the status check. I told her that I didn't have with me right then and asked her if she could use my SSN instead. She wasn't sure but tried it and it worked.
She said that my FP were received on June 10th (which was the date I gave my FP at Newark, NJ) and were processed and sent back to USCIS the same day.
nj_skm

Did your LUD change?

nj_skm said:
nj_skm

Sorry to put a wet blanket on your day, but the FP and NC are very different things. For most people the FP results are sent back within 48 hrs, but the name check can last between a couple of days to several years. The difference is that FP's are unique, and unless you were ever arrested they aren't going to result in a hit. For the namecheck, on the other hand, a "hit" could mean your name showing up anywhere in their files (like a witness for example), and it takes a while to dig out the file and check what's in it). To complicate matters, if your name is a common one, they can have hits on it and then need to figure out if it is you or not. Hope this helps.