how do i get a passport after OT crmony?wer do i apply?

jazper28

Registered Users (C)
do i get to apply at the same place that im going to take my oath taking ceremony?or do i have to go to a postal office or something and apply for an american passport. also if i do apply..wer do i get that form?

jazper28 said:
do i get to apply at the same place that im going to take my oath taking ceremony?or do i have to go to a postal office or something and apply for an american passport. also if i do apply..wer do i get that form?

You can have an online form filled out even before you go to the interview ceremony. Check the site http://travel.state.gov/ for the appropriate link. You can then print it out and take with you. After the interview ceremony, you straight away go to the participating post office to apply for your passport. Certain post offices require you to set up appoint. Find out whether your local post office requires that. If so, get an appointment beforehand.

At certain centers, there would be agents to whom you can submit the passport application right there at the location of the interview ceremony. But you will have to have the form printed out for that as well.

For my wife, we filled out the on-line state department form the night before her naturalization ceremony and got pictures taken. We checked the post office site to make sure that our neighborhood post office accepted passport applications in the afternoon, and then, after the ceremony, we stopped at the post office and set the application with expedited processing. It worked like a charm.

Flydog said:
For my wife, we filled out the on-line state department form the night before her naturalization ceremony and got pictures taken. We checked the post office site to make sure that our neighborhood post office accepted passport applications in the afternoon, and then, after the ceremony, we stopped at the post office and set the application with expedited processing. It worked like a charm.

how many days did it take before u got ur pp?

So far we've done two passport apps, both expedited. One was for my daughter (expedited + extra for express mail). That one took about two weeks (but it included them asking us to forward them our marriage certificate). The other (my wife) was expedited without express mail. It took a little more than a week (maybe almost 2 weeks).

jazper28 said:

In my case passport applications were accepted the oath ceremony. you could fill out a form and apply fight after the ceremony. but i would suggest to go to a post office, less hassle and in case you have questions better chance of getting an answer.
you can check pos offices right there where your oath ceremony will be (that's what i did) and apply there (make sure to have an appointment). get your photos taken in advance, get the application filled out in advance - it will save you time.
Expedited service - 10 days turn around time for me.
good luck

We picked the neighborhood post office, mostly because I was able to go there a couple of days before the oath ceremony and ask the passport guy all the questions I could think of.