How CSC number a I-485 case?

cao

Registered Users (C)
Usually, CSC cases have a case number: WAC-0X-XXX-5xxxx,
including non I-485 case.

I found that some one the case with WAC-02-043-54xxx was
approved. My case is 02-033-56xxx, much earlier than his/her.
However, my last 4 digits are late than his/her. Should CSC
have a case, say 02-043-54321 and another case having
the same last 5 digits, say 02-033-54321?
If we understand CSC how to number a case, may we be
able to estimate how many cases it has?

My case is 02-033-56xxx, but my family is 02-033-57xxx
although my lawyer mailed them to CSC at the same
time.

Any thoughts?

re: wac#

My guess is..
WAC- Western Region
02- 2nd year in the century(starts on oct 1st of previous year)
044- 44th working day (1st working day is oct1 of 2001)0.

5xxxx- I thought its a sequence number. But it seems it is again split into some categories. Any ideas??

Maybe its the EB category to show the primary and dependents.
For eg 56* might indicate primary applicant in EB2 and 57* may indicate dependents in EB2.

Just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

The above details as to what is the method of numbering does give insight to the numbering technique used by INS for Case numbering.

I would like to add some comments also.

Why is it that some cases get approved earlier than others.

Of Course the following is purely an analysis on my part and it is not something I have read on any website

I feel that INS divides I-485 cases into Family Based and Employment based and others .

Now I shall only discuss I-485 Employment based cases.

It further divides them into EB category and Country.

Also there are other factors which cause a delay in processing

Date of fingerprinting

All required papers present or not

Age out cases

Now some cases are of countries like south africa and holland and belgium and canada which do not have much migration and hence move earlier than others.

I have noticed that cases from China take a little longer by 4-6 weeks and also that cases in which there has been delay in fingerprinting take longer.

Also if the case gets an RFE the case takes longer by 4-6 weeks

Because of so many factors affecting the case the cases never get sequentially processed.

Bottom Line-Conclusion

Yes - if the person is from the same country and same EB Category and has been fingerprinted more than 2 months prior and does not get an rfe then his case compared to another case should be adjudicated within 4-5 weeks of each other.

rsgrc

My FP was a good 4 months before some people who got approved here. We are both from the same country, under the same EB category, and they got their approval a month back.

And I am not pointing out a particular haywire whacko example, I've seen a few follow this trend.

And yea we all know that IIO's are a great help.

How do you explain that?

The bundle theory thats it. The boy they sent to pick the Los Angeles Bundle bumped into a shelf, and pending applications fell on his head and he got buried and crushed. Or something similar to that.

In my case for me as well as all my family members have WAC-02-41-5XXXX same first 2 digits.

I agree to WAC and 02 and 041 analogy but after that may be sequence nos.

Does any body no what is third digit "12345" in case of family memebrs.

In my case for me 0
my spouse 1
kid 2

If it applied to other people then we have a clue.

Sequence?

Maybe the last 5 digits are using an oracle sequence with a default cache value of 20, so they skip #'s to maintain efficiency .. HEEHEE :D just a thought.

Volume descripency?

I think one of the factors this forum ignores is volume. Apologies if I make any mistake in my assumption here.

Only those who visit this site post their status - and other similar sites. There are so many others who applied for GC - through non-H1 cases. Even these add volume/case load to INS. For eg. if we take only the H1 cases that have applied to 485/AOS, from Jan 2002 till July 2002- the total cases applied would be less than 100!! So theoritically, INS should take 3-4 weeks to clear them, right?

What happened to all those people applied under LIFE act on April 30, 2001 - all of those illegal immigrants who were granted GC status? Is that wave over?

:(

A large number of people with H-1

the people who I know with H-1 are waiting for 1-485
approval are over than a dozen.

Therefore, it should have a large number in this pool.