How can I visit Canada?

niagara fall

Hi, I want to drive from US to Canada to view the niagara fall.
I am on H1 status but without stamping on my passport(I have F1 stamp on it).
And I will have AOS interview in a couple of months. Could anyone help me on
following questions?

1. Can I go to Canada with AOS interview pending?
2. Is there any problem returning US if I don\'t have H1 stamping on my passport?
3. Do I need to apply for Canada visa before hand or I can apply for it on the bridge? What kind of visa is it?
4. Should I summit my I-94 on the bridge and get a new one when I return?

Thanks a lot!

No Title

Hi Niagara Fall,

here is my experience.I have expired H1B visa stamp in my passport and valid I-797 (H1B status) and I-94.I went in Canada few days (less than 30 days).There was no problem to re-enter to US through Buffalo bridge.Officer looked at my I-797 and I-94,even did not look at visa stamp and did not asked how many days I went in Canada.Don\'t drive (if you\'ll drive a car)through Niagara Falls,officers there weren\'t sure about re-enter to US with expired visa stamp.
Some advice:call to ports of entry,explain to INS officer your situation with visa (you can don\'t talk about your I-485 if you want),they\'ll tell if they\'ll let you in.You can find phonenumbers on site of US consulate in canada(there is Buffalo airport\'s phonenumber too).Unfortunately,I don\'t remember URL.
Hope It\'ll help you.
I think you have to have visitor visa to enter to Canada.But I don\'t know about it.
Don\'t summit your I-94.When you\'ll drive to Canada you won\'t stop at US side,you\'ll stop in Canada already.
Good luck.

No Title

You can also View Niagara fall from USA side

1 yes you can go to Canada with AOS pending Canada has nothing to do with your I-485 or AOS
2 Yes you MIGHT have problem as you do not have Valid US Visa stamp in your Passport, why are you taking the risk? cant you see Naiagra from US side? Once you get your GC then see it from Canada side.
3. you need Canada Visitor visa to enter Canada and it is NOT issued at BORDER, you have to apply for it to your nearest Canadian Consulate
4. What kind of I-94 you are taking, you are saying that you do not have US visa stamped, you you have approval and with that approval on lower RIGHT side is your I-94, are refreing to this I-94? if you are refring to this one you might have problem as you do not have Valid US visa for return.
5. If you have F1 Visa valid stamp on your passport it is now INVALID as you are on H1 Visa now, they day you changed from F1 to H1, your status changed to H1 according to INS.
Do not create problems for your self , you are near to your GC just watch Niagara fall from USA side

No Title

Hello folks,

I\'m in a similar situation. I am currently on an H1 visa which is not stamped on my passport. I wish to travel to canada to attend my best friends wedding. I\'ve applied for 485 as well and have been waiting on getting my AP and EAD, unfortunately due to mail room delays nothing has come so far. I need to travel this weekend and i checked with my lawyer if i could do that. He said yes, i could as long as i\'ve a valid h1 visa, all my original I-94\'s and a canadian visa. A current employment letter would also help. According to my lawyer, there is a treaty between US and canada that if you return within 30days you are ok to enter back into the US. If any of you have done this before please share your experiences.

Good luck!
hope99

No Title

Hi Niagara fall,

Inders99 is right.I\'m agree.I saw Niagara falls from US side.It looks good.

No Title

Hi Hope99,

That\'s right.If you have invalid visa stamp but valid I-797 and valid I-94 and you stay in Canada less than 30 days you can return back into US.I did it.There was no problem.They let me in in 2 minuts,just looked at my passport,I-94 and I-797.
Good luck.

No Title

Hello m_il,

Thank you for your response. I was wondering if you flew or you took the bus. I was thinking it would be less complicated to take the bus as they won\'t be as strict on the buffalo bridge than at the airport. What is your opinion? If its the same by air or road, i\'d prefer to fly. Please advice
thanx
hope99

No Title

Hello Hope99,

Unfortunately,I don\'t know anything about traveling by air.I traveled by road, used my own car.
I think that taking a bus has to be the same as using a car,but I\'m not sure,never did it.

m_il