how can I reach someone at the NY consulate ?

deep0910

Registered Users (C)
I am so frustrated..I am trying to get the status for cancellation of my Indian Passport. It has been more than two weeks and I cannot reach anyone there to find out what is happening..I have not received my cancelled passport back. Every phone call either goes unanswered or to a message without voicemail. Emails never get replied to.. Sigh.

Do I have to go there personally.. Is that the only way out ?

im from the DC region, i couldnt get through on the phone or email so i just went personally. it was a HUGE pain to do this, but still it was better than hitting the redial button for the umpteenth time. i hear that they are extremely understaffed and this is why the phones/emails go unanswered.

I am so frustrated..I am trying to get the status for cancellation of my Indian Passport. It has been more than two weeks and I cannot reach anyone there to find out what is happening..I have not received my cancelled passport back. Every phone call either goes unanswered or to a message without voicemail. Emails never get replied to.. Sigh.

Hi .
take it easy, You will never be able to reach any on eon the phone at NY. I tried all day and finally i was able to reach some one , but it is of no use. they dont answer your question properly, just wait for 2 more weeks, you will get your cancelled passport back.

Either wait or go in person ... period ... these people won't care about us American-Indians ...
and
bigbull99 is correct, even if after trying the whole day you would by mistake reach to someone that someone will treat you like a trash and won't give you any answer to any of your queries ...