How can I help?

scotty

Hello all,

I have just spoken to Rajiv this morning and he suggested that I post a message on this list.

Breifly, I had emailed him because I wanted to do something and wasn't sure how to get started. This was before the message regarding the website going live. However Rajiv felt it was still worthwhile putting this up publically anyway.

Caveat: I have not "researched" deeply into the past activities and so may be presenting things that are already underway, in the pipeline or discounted. I just feel helpless sitting and waiting as I am sure do 101% of us!!

Just give me your thoughts on what I can help get organised.

"Dear Mr. Khanna

I have been reading the forum recently and I saw your message (an attempt to regarding organising ourselves. I have a few ideas but I am not completely knowledgeable about the history of the "senior members" and the "core group" and I do not know fully what has been done, what they are doing and in particular who to contact.

Let me briefly outline what I think the next step should be (in parallel to what is happening with the litigation) and maybe you can point me in the direction of the people I should contact before posting something publicly.

Either use the petition information you already have or request for another compilation.

Use this as a type of "mass letter" to target the relevant congressmen/senators who have jurisdiction for the area that the people are in, as well as the congressmen/senators under whose geography the service centers fall. This will mean manipulating the whole database and grouping under categories two or three times.

Similarly contact the various lobby groups (and here I have no idea if there are any such) and ask them what they suggest.

Send the whole compilation to the relevant US authorities.

Try to get reputable media coverage even if it is a short article mentioning that these letters have gone out.

Attempt to get on board some of the big beneficiaries of employment based green card companies to explain that they too are suffering (companies I know of who find these delays a big problem are Ratheon, Harvard Univ & MIT). There must be others we need to find them and get a “statement”.

There will be possibly much repetition of data sent but my idea is to really raise the profile by "swamping" with directed information.

Some of this will take time (getting people on board) but I am willing to spend my time and try, however I will need help and direction.

Does any of the above make sense and where/how is the best way to start?

Regards and thanks for your time.

Hemant"

Scotty,
Getting our petition endorsed by Corporates will really help us when we discuss our issues with Congressional office. Let's work on that. Also I'll add you to our volunteer list.

Thanks for your help.