• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

How can I contact US Embassy in Hong Kong

asurada

Registered Users (C)
I was having interview last week and everything went smoothly. However, my police certificate had not arrived in that moment to Embassy from our Police Office Department. As their mention, once they have received the police certificate and it is ok, the VISA can be issued to us. However, it is almost one week to go and I have confirmed from our Police Department the police certificate is delivered to US Embassy. Is there any way to contact them? I have sent them two messages via their web site, but so far I have not received their reply.............. Time goes very slow now!:(

Hong Kong, woow, that is far away !
Why you did not make a phone call, obtain number from info line. Besides, there are phone numbers on their consular web site, 852 5808 4666 ), tell them on the phone your case number and date of birth
In my country police certificate is picked up in person. You could re-apply for police certificate, you need to establish it is officially not your fault that the certificate got lost. How did you you make the inquiry about the lost certificate into their outgoing - dispatching system? (if you did not go to the Police Office Department in person, how can you be sure they did not just "got rid of you" )

I didn't get the impression the certificate was lost? In our case ( not Hong Kong) it took a week for our certificate to get from the mail room to the visa desk.., maybe something similar there. If the certificate doesn't have the case number attached that could also be causing a delay. I think best bet is to phone them.

I tried to call of their phone number, but all are IVRS. Cannot found any optional which can contact by person. No luck at all. Now I am so worry they will forget to process my case................ Any one had issue like I am facing now??
In Hong Kong, all the police certificate cannot pick up by person for any reason. It will be sent to the embassy by Registered Air Mail.

Thanks for your help. It is in Administrative Processing and the last Status Update is 08-July-2013......................

Mine was in AP like that just before my visa was issued... So I think you are not forgotten :)

How long had you been in AP? I feel time is going very slow now............... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
How long had you been in AP? I feel time is going very slow now............... :(

Um, not that was I obsessively checking or anything, but about an hour :p But it was a different embassy. Still, the fact that your status was updated today is a good sign - someone has to physically do something on your application for that status to change so you're not forgotten. I was in exact same situation as you - although with a consulate that only deals with it seems a few DV applications a day and not many immigrant visas overall - but it's just a case of checking the certificate, confirming and getting your visa pack together, I'd wager you get the "issued" notification in the next day or two.

The embassy just called us today and told us we can return the passport to them for the VISA! SO HAPPY NOW!!!!!!!:eek::eek:

Last edited by a moderator: