Hope..........& GOOD NEWS for 485 filers

WAITING_4_APP

Registered Users (C)
05/06/2003: Signs of Thaws in I-485 Processing

I-485 processing has witnessed either a complete freeze or de facto freeze for quite a while. As we reported earlier, this was affected by the security measure and the call-in special registration. Now the war is over and the call-in special registration ended on April 25, 2003. Additionally, DHS has announced that there will be no more special registration which will be replaced by U.S. VISA program.
We see a sign of thaw in I-485 adjudications, and even if the BCIS online status check is not quite promptly updated, people will see in the mail approval notices. It will be a pleasant surpose. Stay tuned.

Please visit http://www.immigration-law.com and than click on breaking news

I hope what you said will really improve INS processing speed on 485. This damn organization has been disappointing all the time, I don't really think it can be counted on. Who knows what the hell other thing may stop its processing ? Slow has been the alias of this sucking organization.

Imagine....

how it is to get blamed for everything ( for being fast[911] or slow[all of us] )....
how it is for your company to be bought over by another [BCIS - INS].....
how it is to go through different set of bosses [BCIS bosses .. INS bosses] and new guidelines.....
how it is to have your job definition changed every week [485 - special registration - 485.. ]....

Im@gine...

2001dec, before you support BCIS people working on our cases, I would like you to consider the following:

The number of cases that these people get every month is far less than the number of cases one of the consulates gets in Mexico per day. Yet the consulate accomplishes that with less staff though the cases the consulate gets are more complex than the straight-forward EB cases.

Folks, you cannot expect better from unionist Govt. employees. Those people just find a lot of reasons to evade work like changing bosses or security checks etc. Just visit any Govt. service center and you can see for yourself.

oxymoron=Government "Worker" (EOM)

government=
union salary raise while the whole country is taking pay cut,
permanent job means what it says,
high school diploma,
vacation,
vacation carryover,
medical,
dental,
personal weeks,
7-hour working day,
2-hour lunch,
pension,
american holiday,
american holiday not observed by private business,
etc...

Re: oxymoron=Government "Worker" (EOM)

Originally posted by pacercolts
government=
union salary raise while the whole country is taking pay cut,
permanent job means what it says,
high school diploma,
vacation,
vacation carryover,
medical,
dental,
personal weeks,
7-hour working day,
2-hour lunch,
pension,
american holiday,
american holiday not observed by private business,
etc...

you forgot to mention 24K per year salary and that old blue chevy nova :)

Don't be too much happy

I read somewhere that BCIS has scheduled Registration Process for Guotamola (I am not sure of correct spelling) and Nicurguan illegal immigrants who entered USA during Hurricane Mitch Disaster, starting from June 1st and continues next 18 months. BCIS may divert some of the GC processing officers to this special registration as the case for previous special registrations

who caused all these?

I agree that government organizations (INS/BCIS inclusive) are inefficient.

However, prior to "911" I-485s got adjudicated within 10 months (average).

I blame the bustard Terrorists who caused: creation of DHS, reorganization of INS, Afghanistan war, special registrations, increased resources for security, reduced resources for immigration services, and ultimately painful delay of the whole GC process.

Without all these and no matter how inefficient INS was, many of us (including July and Aug 02 Rds) would have our GC right now.