Home Department is refusing to Attest - Pls help!

genericuser

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
I was working in San Francisco on a J1 Visa. My visa got expired in Feb and I came back to India. I'm getting married in August and would like to go back on H4. I'm trying to apply for waiver from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.

As per my understanding, I need to get the Bio-Data and Affidavit notarised and then get them attested by Andhra Pradesh Home Department or General Administration department. After this, I need to get these documents Attested by Ministry of External Affairs.

Once I get the documents attested by Ministry of External Affairs, I will have to send these documents to the three departments (MHRD, Passport office and Home department) to get No Objection statement.

I got my Bio-data and Affidavit notarised. But my state government is refusing to Attest Bio-data and Affidavit (They said they don't attest such documents - I got the format for these documents from San Francisco Indian Consulate Website). Unless I get attestation from my Home Department or General Administration Department, Ministry of External Affairs would not attest these documents.

Is there any alternative for this? Am I going the right way? Pls direct me!