Hit and run and processing

Rajaramiyer

Hi, I recently got ‘ hit and run’ offence on my records and I am planning to apply for green card / Visa extension. Will this affect that processing in anyway. Actually, I was rushing towards doctors clinic and in that hurry I did not stop. I self reported this incidence. I had proper insurance, license etc at the time of accident. I am currently on L-1 visa.

Please advice whether having ‘hit and run’ would affect my green card or visa renewal processing.

hit and run and visa processing

Hi, I recently got ‘ hit and run’ offence on my records and I am planning to apply for green card / Visa extension. Will this affect that processing in anyway. Actually, I was rushing towards doctors clinic and in that hurry I did not stop. I self reported this incidence. I had proper insurance, license etc at the time of accident. I am currently on L-1 visa.

Please advice whether having ‘hit and run’ would affect my green card or visa renewal processing.[/QUOTE]

Did the Police Take your fingerprints and have you attended the court? Then in that case, when you go for Visa Stamping they will find your arrest record and will send your case for administrative processing. It takes some month to get clearance on this.