HIB renewal while NIW pending

saturn2006

Registered Users (C)
I know this might not be the best forum for this question, but this is my situation:
I applied for NIW in Nebraska and as most of us, the application is still pending. I am currently on a H1B that is due to be renewed soon but due to burocratic BS at my job, the application for H1B renewal hasn't been filed yet. The question is: can I continue to work past the H1B expiration date? Is it true that I can still work for 6 more months until I get my H1B extension?

Thanks

I know this might not be the best forum for this question, but this is my situation:
I applied for NIW in Nebraska and as most of us, the application is still pending. I am currently on a H1B that is due to be renewed soon but due to burocratic BS at my job, the application for H1B renewal hasn't been filed yet. The question is: can I continue to work past the H1B expiration date? Is it true that I can still work for 6 more months until I get my H1B extension?

Thanks

No your petition for extension of H1b1 should reach USCIS before expiration of your H1B1. Pendinf NIW will not give you any status. It will only help you if you NIW is oending for more than 1 year and you need 7th year extension of your H1b1.

I think there is some sort of grace period, you might want to check with some lawyers or your company's HR department about it.

Thanks