Here is my stamping experience at Newark.

Sky_Drow

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

On wednesday I arrived Broad street at about 10:00am.

I could not find any parking on street. I went further a head on

Hill street ( if I am not mistaken ) two lights more further than federal building
and I got parking all day for only $4.50

Went into building @ about 10:30, passing through security check on third floor in room # 334. stood in small lane.

Called by the counter " Next". @ the counter in window officer checked approval papers and took index finger print and signature of a form.
I had taken my kids who also who got plastic card for stamping just in case.
officer said, if kids got plastic card then they dont need stamping. After that we got a number Cxxx and was asked to wait till we are called by that number.

we waited about 2 hours. there is a digital display of numbers and when a number is called. we here the sound like this " Now serving Cxxx @ counter number XX " and same thing is spanish too. then we have to go to that window called. officer took our passport, ADIT styled pics, I-94 card and asked if we have any APs, EADs etc.. we said we have just current EADs. which we handed over to the officer. then officer said please be seated we will call you again by the same number after doing your backgound check.

After this I was feeling hungry I said my wife to wait near the window and I will go and have some food on 2nd floor in the cafeteria. then my wife also came to cafeteria with passport stamped in about 15 min itself. but I was told by wife that there are other person who are still waiting for 2nd call.

Our passport was stamped with red ink showing the validity untill jul 2005.
it simply states that admission of lawfull permanent resident and authorized to work. with ink pen they write INS A # as per approval I 797 form. thats it.
the officer at the time of giving passport back told my wife that we will receive cards in about 8 to 12 months in the mail. using this stamp you can travel and do your business. if you do not receive the cards before stamping then again back here we will re-stamp. thats all.....guys...

On the same day we went for driver's license renewal on one of the Regional center. By the time we went there it was almost 04:00pm. @ the information desk we were given a card form to be filled and a number. then after filling up that on a small desk our number is called. they checked our passport stamping, current license and other form of address proof like utility bills etc..but I had shown them bank cheque book. then he asked us to stay in line @ one of the counter where they are taking digital pics. the line was not too much. after 5 min. our turn came the officer at the counter verified our passport stamping by calling somewhere and said we charge $ 24.00 for this type of renewal license. they accept cheques too. we gave the cheque and took our pics and issued a new digital license which is valid till 4 years 2008.

the whole process now a days is very quick. in about 1 hour. you dont have to wait too long like before.

if you guys have questions let me know.

Take care...

Congrats!
Which DMV did you go for drivers license? what was your status? H1-B or EAD before GC approval?

Thanks

There are like 3 or 4 Regional centers. but I went to trenton. before GC approval my status was under pending I-485 but I was getting license based on the dates of EAD.

hi,..

did u take the original approval notice or a courtsey copy.

my lawyer is on vacation for 2 weeks , and i was thinking if i need to wait for him to take the original approval notice.

Congrats!

I have some questions:
1. Do you have a scheduled date to go stamping, like FP?
2. What is ADIT picture? Where did you take it?
3. How come you daughter get the card so soon? Did she stampped?

Thanks!

Ok guys , here are answers to your queries.

NJNJ,

1. Do you have a scheduled date to go stamping, like FP?
answer: No scheduled date. they usually ask to come on wednesday's between 08:00am to 12:00pm. dont go after 12:00pm as they were sending people back those who come after 12:00pm.

2. What is ADIT picture? Where did you take it?
answer : ADIT pictures are taken on white background showing right ear.
you will have these instructions on your approval notice too.
Walmart, sears and picture poeple take these type of GC pictures.

3. How come you daughter get the card so soon? Did she stampped?

answer : I dont know how they got so soon but By the grace of God, I got plastic cards so soon for my kids. once kids get plastic cards then they dont need stamping.

WaitingGreen,

I received approval notice in about 1 week from the time I received e-mails from USCIS.

Hope questions are answered.