PissedOffI140

Registered Users (C)
As part of the ongoing litigation efforts, can we, as a group
propose that an I-485 applicant, in order to aid INS with
its funds and cash problems, may be ready to pay one months
salary and benefits for one employee ?

To achieve

1) the fact that we want to help a govt dept strapped of cash
and resources ( at least since that's what they claim )

2) show how generous we can be

3) as a side effect, rip off the mask from these guys and
call their bluff on the time they take for processing.

Or is it too late to do this ?

Ideas

Not a good idea. USCIS has a budget and a proposed fee increase. Instead, let me copy Rajiv, if I may:

Contact friends and family. Contact the media. Contact community orgaizations, other online forums like we have here, sympathetic employers... the more people, the better. Make everyone aware of the issues. I will tell you this, one or two articles about your problems in national news will get the ball rolling. CIS will not settle without some more public pressure.

Re: Ideas

Originally posted by cinta
Not a good idea. USCIS has a budget and a proposed fee increase. Instead, let me copy Rajiv, if I may:

Contact friends and family. Contact the media. Contact community orgaizations, other online forums like we have here, sympathetic employers... the more people, the better. Make everyone aware of the issues. I will tell you this, one or two articles about your problems in national news will get the ball rolling. CIS will not settle without some more public pressure.

YES I AGREE WITH CINTA.

The issue is more than just a lack of funds. Yes we need to make lots of noise about this and that is when we can expect some improvement.

BTW what happened to the core group collecting money for the ads???

Public pressure - my %&&

What public pressure are we talking about here? Nobody gives a rats ass to our issues. On the contrary they would be happy with the current functioning of the immigrant body.
I sincerely doubt if even the immigrant population (maybe a minuscule number..)who are already GC holders or citizens care about this issue.
The lawsuit approach is the best.

Everyone is more or less ready to pay more fee to expedite the processing and reduce backlogs.

The real and only problem is diversion of funds to other INS activities, for example border patrolling. Whatever the fee now we are paying for I-484 processing is more than enough, if they really using that money for I-485 processing. But they are diverting most of that money and blaming for lack of funds to hire more adjudicatiors.

Even if they increase fee, still they use most of that extra money to other activities.