Help with landing in Vancouver

satishjha73

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
I have been in Canada for 3 years now and am in Vancouver on a work permit. T too am waiting to get my PR.

I would like to offer help to those from India who are landing in Vancouver. If you don't know anyone locally and need help, let me know and I will do what I can.

Satish

PS-I don't want any money and do not represent an agency

how is the IT job market in vancouver

Hi Sathish,
How is the job market for IT in vancouver.

I have been asked to send passport for stamping.
I used to stay in seattle. So vancouver might be a good
move.

thanks for any info.

Hi waitingnwaiting,

Congratulations, it was good to hear the good news. I have some questions: 1) When did u recieive the letter where they asked to send the passport? 2) When they sent the medical paper did they ask for any additional document? 3) Was the last mail regular or FEDEX?

I would appreciate if you could tell me the above informations.

Thanks in advance,
Shamim

Hi WW,
The IT scene in Vancouver is pretty bad right now. I have a few friends who havn't found a job in almost a year. Most of the job creation is taking place further East.
Satish

How can I contact you Satish!!

Hi Satish:

Thanks for extending help ! I am a returning resident of Canada , planing to move to Vancouver Area , How can i get in touch with you ? Since i never been there i need some help ! Please e-mail me your Telephone # where i can reach you !

Many thanks !!

Phanesh

Hi Shamim,
I received email from lawyer asking for my passport for stamping
on 1/2/03
He asked me to send it to his office in canada by january 20th.
I am in a peculiar situation , where I am in India and Indian government does not allow to ship passports outside india.

As far as medical papers, they did not ask me for any other documents.

As far as sending documents, I receive stuff from my lawyer thru DHL.
I suspect that the canadian immigration is sending it thru regular mail. all my letters arrive late.

hope this helps
waitingnwaiting

Hi Waitingnwaiting,

Thanks a lot. If you don't mind I have 2 more questions for you:
1) Where did you do your medical (in USA or INDIA)? 2) What does your on-line status say?

Again thanks in advance,
Shamim

which website are you referring to, if it is CIC one, then my case does not come up on it. Any help