Help With I-601

allaboutsk

Registered Users (C)
Dear readers

I have recently after awaiting 2 years have gotten my I 130 approved thank god for that. Now here is the issue, my attorneys just notified my wife to continue process for bringing me home he will be charging us another 6 thousand dollars. I had already paid him 2 thousand dollars to file the I130 in the beginning of our case. Can some one please x plain to me what the procedures are in my situation. My wife is a USC and I am waiting abroad in Pakistan for our case to fall into place. What forms need to be filled and submitted to the counselor at this point and also can she submit them herself and leave the attorneys out instead of paying the 6 thousand to the ridicioulos high priced attorney or can we switch attorneys. And if we do switch attorneys or decide to file ourselves will it delay things or not and if so by how long. Please if anyone can assist me I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks in advance

Alright here is the story that I have just heard I need an I 601 waiver to enter the states and that is why my attorney is charging so much has any one had any luck with this or can elaborate and give me tips on I-601 and what are the chances of obtaining a waiver.

I was in states from the age of 10 migrated with family in 1992

Left on Volunteer departure on sept 4th 2005

No criminal records of any sort

Had a case that was denied through my mothers sponsor while i was in states that was deneied in sometime 2002

basically I overstayed because of family and I had a case pending and once it failed I was also involved in an accident which hospitalized me for 4 months nearly had 10 different surgical procedures and once I was well I married my girlfriend and had to leave the country and wait for the case.

Please help I hope you all have a better understanding of my case now

Last edited by a moderator: