Help with AR 11 Forms

Billtoo

Registered Users (C)
We moved so this AR 11.

Questions --

1> Do we fill the A#?

2> I am in H1b .... should I check 'Others' and say H1b in the question that says 'I am in the US as'.My wife has H1b .. but resigned a week back .. should we say AOS. [H1b for her is still valid for a year.. ]

3> what do one state in the column 'My Stay expires on' ... my H1b expires this Oct ... then I plan to go on EAD...

Thanks and good luck
Billtoo.

Answers

Following are the answers

Also my attorny STRICTLY RECOMMENDED that I call the USCIS customer svc 4-5 times to change the address and double check if the address has been updated on your I485 application bcos AR11 is almost ignored to be frank.

1. YES(This will also let them know that AOS is pending for you)

2. For yourself you can say others if it does not give you an option for H1B and mention that I am in the US as a temporary worker, you could also mention here that AOS is pending. For your wife if she has resigned and she does not wish to conver to H4 then you can mention I485 filed/AOS pending.

For your 3rd question I would guess that you mention your H1B expiry date but also mention once again that I485 is filed but DO REMEMBER TO CALL USCIS TO UPDATE YOUR ADDRESS THIS IS IMP

AR-11

Did it myself. Phone USCIS to change address with the I-485 receipt number. They will automatically send you a confirmation at the new address and the confirmation will also contain a AR-11 form. You will have to do this for each pending I-485 (incl. wife and children) if they are dependants.

Hope this helps.